DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

aloft

djitx

Reactions
aloft software uses its air control component to create and maintain flight plans...
(planning -> automated flights -> <opens air control in a new browser tab>)

i'm using a free account, not an enterprise account...
i'm able to 'add new plan' and edit but i can't save the flight plan...
there's an orange error popup with an exclamation point but no text...
the 'my flight plans' box has a continuous spinning (working) circle

has anyone been able to save flight plans with a free account...
or is an enterprise account required

(i have a mavic mini and aloft supports it...are there any other apps that support the mavic mini...)

thanks

Last edited:
aloft software uses its air control component to create and maintain flight plans...
(planning -> automated flights -> <opens air control in a new browser tab>)

i'm using a free account, not an enterprise account...
i'm able to 'add new plan' and edit but i can't save the flight plan...
there's an orange error popup with an exclamation point but no text...
the 'my flight plans' box has a continuous spinning (working) circle

has anyone been able to save flight plans with a free account...
or is an enterprise account required

(i have a mavic mini and aloft supports it...are there any other apps that support the mavic mini...)

thanks
Always had issues for Aloft / Kittyhawks "free' accounts. They allow very basic info, so I never tried to create flight plans with them.

1. The website has a serious problem. Tried it with Edge, Chrome and Opera on Win 10, same problem you saw, and I can't even get to the add new plan you saw.
2. Are you sure you need laanc approval? It doesn't work at all in uncontrolled airspace.
3. Did you download the app? It seems to work, although I didn't click the final button to apply, since I was creating a false flight.
4. I use Airmap on my computer, very happy with results.

I'm in Austin, btw. Where are you?

1. The website has a serious problem. Tried it with Edge, Chrome and Opera on Win 10, same problem you saw, and I can't even get to the add new plan you saw.
2. Are you sure you need laanc approval? It doesn't work at all in uncontrolled airspace.
3. Did you download the app? It seems to work, although I didn't click the final button to apply, since I was creating a false flight.
4. I use Airmap on my computer, very happy with results.

I'm in Austin, btw. Where are you?
sorry, didn't get any email notification that my thread has been updated

this is still at the planning stage, not actual flying so no laanc approval is needed...

the problem is that after logged into air control with a free id/password, the system tries to display a list of accounts for you to select but there's no enterprise account (just like when you login to the aloft home site, the system also displays a list of accounts for you to select)
so the system flickers endlessly...the solution is to close the tab (without closing the browser) and start up air control again...since the login info is still cached, the new tab will be ok
however, in the url, the account number is sometimes 'null' so you may need to replace null with your account number

https:// air.aloft.ai / account / null/ flightplan

then you can play but can't save...

aloft tech support did confirm that air control is only for enterprise accounts so the above description is just informational and what i had figured out

have downloaded airmap but haven't looked at it...

i'm also in austin...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair