DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aloha from Ohio (Transplanted Hawaiian)

22kane

Reactions
1st timer with Mavic Mini (75 birthday present from #3 son). Retired Army after 20 years, 1st 12 years as a huey crew chief, was a member of the Ohio ARNG, 210th ADA Det, where our mission was flying 1/9 scale fixed wings (mostly Migs), as well as RCAT''s. Hoping to get some helpful tips on flying these after being away from it for over 25 years. My first concern is a message I got during my 2nd flight today about over heating (92F). Wasn't sure whether it was the controller or the drone or both. Did the goggle thing, lot of info on cold weather flying, not so much on HW. I know LI batts have issues with HW, as well the need for more power to lift off in thin air, but what about the drone and controller as a unit?
Mahalo for Reading

Welcome to our Forum, from the friendly skies of Texas, USA!

You picked a winner in the Mini. Despite its small size and low price, it has good performance and a great camera.

I fly an M2P in Texas, but have never had an overheat warning. Don't know why. We have lots of Mini pilots among our 100,000+ members, including many in states like AZ. Perhaps they can offer some insight.

I will say this: The Mini weighs only 249 grams, so it doesn't fly as well in wind as well as the heavier drones. Be careful flying in high winds. Read the manual, and practice using the “Find My Drone” App. Chances are you'll crash and/or lose your Mini. Don't wait until that happens to learn how to recover a lost drone.

My family moved to Honolulu in '47, and lived there for 2 1/2 years. Started 1st grade at Kapalama, on School St. (I'm 78). Great time to have been in TH, which wasn't granted statehood until '59.

Happy flying!

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Braddah, you one long way from home, but welcome to the forum! Also, thank you for your service from a grateful fellow veteran. Kama‘aina too but on the Mainland far too long now.

Might the overheat message be coming from your mobile device? I know my old iPad Mini 4 will get overheated and will eventually shut down in 90+ degrees.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome from the Sunny (supposed to be it's summer after all) United Kingdom. Did you get fed up of the nice weather in Hawaii? Although Ohio might be good, I don't know. We don't have a climate here, just weather.

Welcome to our Forum, from the friendly skies of Texas, USA!

You picked a winner in the Mini. Despite its small size and low price, it has good performance and a great camera.

I fly an M2P in Texas, but have never had an overheat warning. Don't know why. We have lots of Mini pilots among our 100,000+ members, including many in states like AZ. Perhaps they can offer some insight.

I will say this: The Mini weighs only 249 grams, so it doesn't fly as well in wind as well as the heavier drones. Be careful flying in high winds. Read the manual, and practice using the “Find My Drone” App. Chances are you'll crash and/or lose your Mini. Don't wait until that happens to learn how to recover a lost drone.

My family moved to Honolulu in '47, and lived there for 2 1/2 years. Started 1st grade at Kapalama, on School St. (I'm 78). Great time to have been in TH, which wasn't granted statehood until '59.

Happy flying!
Also a Mavic 2 Pro flyer in Texas. Haven't had any overheating issues yet and it has been sunny and hot here in east Texas. We'll see. Sometimes I have to fly in August when it can get over 100. That will tell the tale. Just keep an eye on that when you fly. If you keep getting the warnings, then something is wrong that you'll have to get checked out. Where in Ohio? I lved in Columbus for 32 years. It's a good city but Cincinnati and Cleveland are good places too. Dayton is also nice and Toledo is OK, thankfully next to Lake Erie.

Reactions: old man mavic
Welcome to the forum. You will find all sorts of support and assistance. We look forward to seeing your part of the world.

1st timer with Mavic Mini (75 birthday present from #3 son). Retired Army after 20 years, 1st 12 years as a huey crew chief, was a member of the Ohio ARNG, 210th ADA Det, where our mission was flying 1/9 scale fixed wings (mostly Migs), as well as RCAT''s. Hoping to get some helpful tips on flying these after being away from it for over 25 years. My first concern is a message I got during my 2nd flight today about over heating (92F). Wasn't sure whether it was the controller or the drone or both. Did the goggle thing, lot of info on cold weather flying, not so much on HW. I know LI batts have issues with HW, as well the need for more power to lift off in thin air, but what about the drone and controller as a unit?
Mahalo for Reading
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your new Mavic Mini. Thank you for your service, Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada