DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aloha stadium

Globemaster

Reactions
Has anyone flown around/ over the stadium? Im aiming its ok when it's closed. No FAA restrictions that I found. Mahalo!

Lets assume that it is, that is not really the problem that you going to face, The problem you might incur is that someone see a drone flying over and calls the police. The Police will come and most likely try to confront you as to what / Why .

I would suggest you find an officer and let him know your going to be Recording the Arena and that way if they get a call he can say that he is aware .

Of course if the cop says its a no go, than just walk away,

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. and Land on Water.

Lets assume that it is, that is not really the problem that you going to face, The problem you might incur is that someone see a drone flying over and calls the police. The Police will come and most likely try to confront you as to what / Why .

I would suggest you find an officer and let him know your going to be Recording the Arena and that way if they get a call he can say that he is aware .

Of course if the cop says its a no go, than just walk away,

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. and Land on Water.
Thank you. Yeah that makes sense. Better to let the cop know ahead of time and that way they know if they do get the call.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
As long as there is no TFR, and you're not in controlled airspace, you're good to go. There is no need to call the cops beforehand. If we all do that, then they expect to start being able to give permission. Or even worse, denying permission.

Just make sure all of your paperwork is in order, just in case they show up. If they approach you, tell them you'll talk to them as soon as you land. Then land and talk to them.

Reactions: MA2 317
As long as there is no TFR, and you're not in controlled airspace, you're good to go. There is no need to call the cops beforehand. If we all do that, then they expect to start being able to give permission. Or even worse, denying permission.

Just make sure all of your paperwork is in order, just in case they show up. If they approach you, tell them you'll talk to them as soon as you land. Then land and talk to them.
I agree Vic. I did print out all my paperwork, including the new TRUST test. I checked all the apps that show any active TFRs and I have not seen any. The stadium was closed when COVID began and now only the outside parking spaces are used for a weekend swapmeet.

Reactions: Vic Moss
Be ready just in case but has been done before....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS