DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Already bound to another account now you see it now you don't?

Johnnydxxx

Reactions
I sold a Mini 2 on Ebay and the buyer sent me a screenshot from Profile > Device Management showing that the drone was already bound to an another account and wanted to return it unless I could unbind it. The sceenshot shows the serial number of drone and controller and a part email of the account it's bound to that I did not recognise at all. I paid to have it collected Royal Mail and refunded the buyer fully including postage. However, when I connected the drone with the DJI Fly App it automatically logged me in to my account and Device manager said 'Not Bound' with the same serial numbers displayed?
One thing is, I always fly in Flight Mode so my iPad mini wasn't connected to the internet when I tested the drone on receipt. I'm wondering if I let the App connect to the internet will the 'Already bound to another account' reappear?
Any ideas?

Last edited:
I have two phone I use for the Mini 2, using 1 of them I bound 3 Mini 2s (plural). The other phone, which from memory has not been connected to any of the drones since I bound them, does not show any drone as being bound and that was with the two app simultaneously connected to the www.
Incidentally the 'binding' phone only shows two of the three mini 2 and been bound until if is connected to the third.
I keep meaning to create a 2nd DJI account and have a look at what the second account sees when connected to a bound drone.
I think DJI could document the whole binding thing much more clearly then they do but am not holding my breath waiting for them to do so.

I can remove dji account from drone, telegram me andrewpetcu
Hey. How can I bind my mini 3 pro that I purchased from a flee market to another controler. It also was purchased used. I try to bind and it won't because it's in another account which I have no idea who that was . Need help. Heard your the man with the plan. A.J .. 801 503-2259 or [email protected]..thanks

Hey. How can I bind my mini 3 pro that I purchased from a flee market to another controler. It also was purchased used. I try to bind and it won't because it's in another account which I have no idea who that was . Need help. Heard your the man with the plan. A.J .. 801 503-2259 or [email protected]..thanks
FYI: He charges $250 for the removal of the original DJI account, to circumvent the DJI theft security. "Acquired" a stolen drone? No problem. He can fix it, too, so you can then resell it! Caveat emptor!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54