DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Alternative software versions / options for controlling Mavic Mini?

gutterman

Reactions
Hi,

I live in a big city and have a roof and gutter cleaning and maintenance business and I bought a Mavic Mini when they first came out to take pics of before and after etc.

It worked really well at first with the original software but now I can't even use it on jobs that are on any kind of flight path even if I'm 10kms away from the airport and the planes are already probably flying at 10,000ft.

Also I am constantly having issues with it failing to connect to GPS so having a limited altitude which is less than some buildings.

Is there any way around this, or a previous software version I can install that is less restrictive in this regard?

Also what is likely to cause the GPS issue? Is there a preferred smart phone to use with the drone?

Thanks

Also I am constantly having issues with it failing to connect to GPS so having a limited altitude which is less than some buildings.

Also what is likely to cause the GPS issue?
You haven't explained, so it has to be asked.
Are you out in the open where the drone has a clear view of most of the sky when you have these problems?
The number of satellites available will depend on how much sky is visible to the drone's GPS receiver.
Buildings, tree cover or other obstructions blocking the skyview willreduce the number of available sats.
Is there a preferred smart phone to use with the drone?
There are many different phones and tablets that will give good results.

Reactions: DoomMeister
...now I can't even use it on jobs that are on any kind of flight path even if I'm 10kms away from the airport and the planes are already probably flying at 10,000ft.

Is there any way around this, or a previous software version I can install that is less restrictive in this regard?

Your DJI drone uses the DJI FLY Safe material to restrict flights & make the pilot aware ... this material is loaded into your drone aside the firmware itself & gets separately updated from time to time when you've started the app/RC & connected to the Mini & isn't connected to what app you use ... so it will not matter if you go with another app than the DJI FLY app.

If you want to before hand check what restrictions you may face before you go to the location you can do it here --> Geo Zone Map - Fly Safe - DJI

If you haven't a proper GPS lock that itself will restrict your flight & prevent a proper HP to be recorded ... meaning that no RTH will work.

This from the manual regarding GPS & height + distance restrictions ...

1642240485978.png

Reactions: DoomMeister
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11