DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Alternative

Flying Irish

Reactions
I have had enough of dealing with a chinese company semi directly.Any one heard of Autel? They have a cheaper competitor for P4 but their claim is they have dealers stateside that can handle customer service and repair work. Also removable gimbal for future upgrades.

Autel has been around a longggg time --- They do have a very good flight controller and software Thumbswayup

Reactions: Ciawz
Any one heard of Autel?
I have an Autel X-Star Premium. It's pretty similar to a P3P (build-wise too), but I prefer DJI's drones over them since they are more feature-rich and are always introducing new technology. DJI does circles around Autel technology-wise.

Last edited:
I have a Mavic Pro and have several of my fellow arborists come check out the drone I have purchased for aerial observation of trees. Just before take-off, I need firmware upgrade. Just a minute guys. What, now my gimbal is malfunctioning. Basically they wished me luck as they giggled and left. How superior is that?

Most people make sure their tools are ready to be used before taking it to work.

The only time I've ever had to ask someone to bear with me while I "fixed" something was when I paused an automated mapping mission to show it off, before resuming the process without issue.

Seriously, they were right to laugh at ya.

Autel is a Chinese company, too, based in the same city as DJI. They do seem to have better customer service, though.

Reactions: sacballa
Just before take-off, I need firmware upgrade. Just a minute guys. What, now my gimbal is malfunctioning. Basically they wished me luck as they giggled and left. How superior is that?
Lesson learned I guess. Never update the firmware when you're out in the field. Wait until you're at home and you have sufficient time to install and test it.

Is that the $1000.00 question?
It's a sane way to update the firmware. When you're out in the field getting ready to show off for your friends, you sometimes hurry through things and/or don't follow the proper procedures. Many update related issues are caused by some type of user error.

Order of spare props were lost. Six months later, a refund on my card, no apology.
There are alternatives to ordering direct from DJI. Amazon has superb customer service and there are plenty of props in stock there.

Reactions: Wersh and sacballa
I have had enough of dealing with a chinese company semi directly.Any one heard of Autel? They have a cheaper competitor for P4 but their claim is they have dealers stateside that can handle customer service and repair work. Also removable gimbal for future upgrades.

If you want an alternative do it.. XSP is good bird.

Is typhoon H a good alternative to mavic? As far as range/speed/ only feature I need is a reliable RTH in case I rarely need it

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys