DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Altitude issue and other things..

bkushner

Reactions
I already posted about this in the general forum but the issue is getting worse. Today when I landed I was at -110 feet altitude ..Here is my log.

Other issues I'm having.
1. When I take off, confirm homepoint and begin to fly I can't go faster then 10mph until I go into Sport mode then return to normal mode.
2. Sometimes the drone rises and lowers 10-15 feet on its own when I'm flying straight.
3. I get a lot of instances when I'm flying slow to photograph a ship say, where the drone will stop and not move. I have to pump the stick a couple of times.

I've seen there are some others with the altitude issue. Waiting to hear back from DJI support, they seem to be passing the issue around to the "right department". Short of returning this (I'm afraid I get another doing the same) is there anything else I can try? I did the calibrations already.

Thanks

It might be a boring but good idea to do a 2 full battery, or prolonged, hovers, one outside vps range and the other within it, just to see if the drift occurs at any particular point of the flight.

Reactions: bkushner
Yesterday.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-11-17 135118.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-11-17 135118.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 25
Was that at the end of the flight of post 1?
Did you post that in reply to my post #2?
If so, it is not what I was suggesting,
in the flight of post 1 the drone was up and down like a yo yo and you have no way of tracking any drift in the barometer etc. If you do a hover and nothing but a hover, the height above the ground should be reasonably constant and hopefully any drift in the barometer would become evident.
I suggested the 2 flights so that one is barometer only and the other might offer the drone VPS control.

Was that at the end of the flight of post 1?
Did you post that in reply to my post #2?
If so, it is not what I was suggesting,
in the flight of post 1 the drone was up and down like a yo yo and you have no way of tracking any drift in the barometer etc. If you do a hover and nothing but a hover, the height above the ground should be reasonably constant and hopefully any drift in the barometer would become evident.
I suggested the 2 flights so that one is barometer only and the other might offer the drone VPS control.
It was the end of yesterdays flight. I haven't tried your method yet.

Well took a flight with my brand new Mavic 3 and still getting altitude issues...today's flight was -40 feet. Here is the log

Is this anything I can be doing as a pilot? I bought this from a different dealer so not the same stock and box is coded 10/21 where first one was 9/21

> ... where the drone will stop and not move. I have to pump the stick a couple of times.

Thank you for posting this. Same here. I can't fly my M3 Combo with the new RC Pro controller.
(Clear area with no obstructions.) When I get a few 100 feet away, the drone stops! I'm connected, but the drone does not move.
I can move it left & right, and sometimes backwards, but can't go forward.
After a while of backing up, and turning left/right, I can sometimes get it to go forward.
It took me 15 horrifying minutes to get it back. I was trying manually to get it back, and was relying on low battery RTH as a last resort. I just do not trust this drone at all. I have not had any fun with it yet.
DJI Support is clueless and of no help.

> ... where the drone will stop and not move. I have to pump the stick a couple of times.

Thank you for posting this. Same here. I can't fly my M3 Combo with the new RC Pro controller.
(Clear area with no obstructions.) When I get a few 100 feet away, the drone stops! I'm connected, but the drone does not move.
I can move it left & right, and sometimes backwards, but can't go forward.
After a while of backing up, and turning left/right, I can sometimes get it to go forward.
It took me 15 horrifying minutes to get it back. I was trying manually to get it back, and was relying on low battery RTH as a last resort. I just do not trust this drone at all. I have not had any fun with it yet.
DJI Support is clueless and of no help.
The workaround for this is put it into Sport mode, get up to speed then switch back to normal and you should be good until it does it again.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme