DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Altitude limit reached although the drone was 40 feet from the ground.

Dronepr19

Reactions
I was recording some cyclists uphill and then this happened...Although I was maybe 40 feet from them, since from my starting point was 400 feet below, the drone pop the red notification "altitude limit reached" so I stopped. Is there's a way to keep going?

I was recording some cyclists uphill and then this happened...Although I was maybe 40 feet from them, since from my starting point was 400 feet below, the drone pop the red notification "altitude limit reached" so I stopped. Is there's a way to keep going?
Land, but don’t shut anything down. After 20-30 seconds take off again. This causes a reset of altitude. Your new TO altitude will be zero again. And you have 400 more feet. Alternatively you could set your max altitude to max settings and have 4-500m, just be careful to stay w/in 400 ‘ of the slope you’re flying up.

Reactions: JS1600
Is there's a way to keep going?
It seems your max. flight altitude is set to 400 ft (120m)
In the GO4 settings increase the parameter to 500m.

MaxAlt.jpg

Ok, I'll try that! Thanks.
That's much too complicated and is going to be difficult to do in many situations.
The reason the message came up was that you have your Max Altitude Limit set to the 400 ft default value and had reached that.
The simple solution is to change your Max Altitude Limit as shown in post #4.

That's much too complicated and is going to be difficult to do in many situations.
The reason the message came up was that you have your Max Altitude Limit set to the 400 ft default value and had reached that.
The simple solution is to change your Max Altitude Limit as shown in post #4.

Just be sure to maintain good situation awareness and this is the easiest option

Beginner mode would not have allowed him to fly 400 ft higher than the launch point.
Sorry, my bad sense of humour. I was getting at the bloke that offered the advice, being a beginner for such bad advice. ;-)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54