DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Altitude Zone legend?

ruggb

Reactions
In the Altitude Zone on many airports is a a few overlapping lines. If I touch various places around the lines I get a popup with height info.
But it makes no sense. These lines do not appear on all airports but there is usually a similar and smaller one on the other side of the runway.
Can someone explain what this is and why the popup heights make no sense?
legend.JPG

In the Altitude Zone on many airports is a a few overlapping lines. If I touch various places around the lines I get a popup with height info.
But it makes no sense. These lines do not appear on all airports but there is usually a similar and smaller one on the other side of the runway.
Can someone explain what this is and why the popup heights make no sense?
View attachment 90574
@ruggb instead of just having a circle shaped NFZ around an airport they now show the flight paths of the runways ,and the different height restrictions as aircraft approach or leave

Ive heard Ted Williams could distinctly see the seems of the ball as it rebounded off his bat, that he personally claimed this to be true. FIghter pilots in WW2, especially the good ones could see their small enemy fighter counterparts from over 20 miles away. Watched a video where Chuck Yeager said he and, especially this other guy, in his division were the top two as far being able to spot enemy planes from the farthest out. I wont say the number he claimed because I cant remember it exactly and its a lot farther than 20 miles

@ruggb instead of just having a circle shaped NFZ around an airport they now show the flight paths of the runways ,and the different height restrictions as aircraft approach or leave
I understand that, but it wasn't the question. Try reading it again old man = BTW, I am older than you.
The heights shown when one taps at the arrows are meaningless relative to the lines. There is a 60m arrow on the 150m side of that box/lines.

Reactions: old man mavic
I understand that, but it wasn't the question. Try reading it again old man = BTW, I am older than you.
The heights shown when one taps at the arrows are meaningless relative to the lines. There is a 60m arrow on the 150m side of that box/lines.
no problem, i am sorry if i misunderstood your question,so i will leave it for someone who does understand it to answer, (and just one more thing WTF has mine or your age got to do with anything)

I guess that I don't understand what you are seeing as the problem. The maximum allowed height goes up as you get further from the airport, which appears to be what you are showing in your diagram. Perhaps it would be easier if you simply identified the airport so that we could look at the actual map.

no problem, i am sorry if i misunderstood your question,so i will leave it for someone who does understand it to answer, (and just one more thing WTF has mine or your age got to do with anything)
lighten up, I was just being comical with your name.

Last edited:
Reactions: old man mavic
I guess that I don't understand what you are seeing as the problem. The maximum allowed height goes up as you get further from the airport, which appears to be what you are showing in your diagram. Perhaps it would be easier if you simply identified the airport so that we could look at the actual map.
that box does not make any sense to me. I would expect a straight line = 60m on one side 150m on the other. It is an offset line on the edges and a box in the middle. Toward the AP it is 60m. away from the AP it is 60m then 150m and there is no line of demarcation for it. Inside the box is 60m.
Obviously, it is a question the FAA will use on a test because no one has a clue what I am talking about.

As Sar suggested, please provide the airport so we can view what you are viewing.

By the way, are you referring to DJI geofence map or some other map? Since your units are in meters, I assume you're not in the US under FAA rules.

I am in USA. Map shows meters
It is the "Flight Restriction Information" in the DJI Go 4 app. Under the Menu on the opening screen.
Look at the RDU AP (Raleigh, NC)
Problem now is something changed and anyplace I touch on the gray flight path shows 150m on the north side
I touched once on the south side and it came up 60m. When I went back and touched again it came up 150m.
Something strange is happening here.

that box does not make any sense to me. I would expect a straight line = 60m on one side 150m on the other. It is an offset line on the edges and a box in the middle. Toward the AP it is 60m. away from the AP it is 60m then 150m and there is no line of demarcation for it. Inside the box is 60m.
Obviously, it is a question the FAA will use on a test because no one has a clue what I am talking about.
Please post a picture. Thanks in advance.

I am in USA. Map shows meters
It is the "Flight Restriction Information" in the DJI Go 4 app. Under the Menu on the opening screen.
Look at the RDU AP (Raleigh, NC)
Problem now is something changed and anyplace I touch on the gray flight path shows 150m on the north side
I touched once on the south side and it came up 60m. When I went back and touched again it came up 150m.
Something strange is happening here.

It's just a standard altitude zone on the runway centerline extension. It starts at 60 m and goes up to 150 m further out. There is no line drawn to divide the 60 m and 150 m regions.

1578974349885.jpeg

Actually there is a line. Look about 1/3 out from where the zone begins from the runway end of the zone. It also has an indent halfway across the zone.

Right - but that's not the boundary between the 60 m and 150 m zones.
I'm curious. What does that line represent the boundary of, and what is the enclosed shaded area in the middle of that boundary line on both sides of the flight line?

I'm curious. What does that line represent the boundary of, and what is the enclosed shaded area in the middle of that boundary line on both sides of the flight line?

I don't know what those lines or the shaded area represent.

I just checked the geofence map website through Fly (quickest way to get there). They ARE height boundaries. Take the SW altitude zones. Click on the Left side of the line, it tells you 150. Click on right side of boundary, it shows 60.
The little rectangular area in the middle of the boundary line is an overlap of the two areas. It shows both 60 and 150. I would advise assuming 60 in that area.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I just checked the geofence map website through Fly (quickest way to get there). They ARE height boundaries. Take the SW altitude zones. Click on the Left side of the line, it tells you 150. Click on right side of boundary, it shows 60.
The little rectangular area in the middle of the boundary line is an overlap of the two areas. It shows both 60 and 150. I would advise assuming 60 in that area.

That's not what the DJI geo website shows:

1579965954485.jpeg

I went to their web map rather than through Fly using Chrome on my Android, still shows correctly. I would expect that since launching from Fly is simply bringing up the website.

When I went to their map on the web, the default AC was Spark. What AC were you set for? Also maybe your browser has a stuck cache entry?

I went to their web map rather than through Fly using Chrome on my Android, still shows correctly. I would expect that since launching from Fly is simply bringing up the website.

When I went to their map on the web, the default AC was Spark. What AC were you set for? Also maybe your browser has a stuck cache entry?

It's not a cache thing but it does, rather randomly, vary with aircraft selection though. Changing from Mini to M2 and back to Mini results in the opposite problem:

1579983893908.jpeg

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost