DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Am I expected to pay this $79 with DJI CARE REFRESH??

jerryflah

Reactions
Non warranty per data analysis; FLY065 1. Unit took off in P mode and was responsive to RC 2. User pressed full stick ascent and other stick after takeoff and unit reached 212.8m at t=822.5s 3. As unit ascended, wind speed unit recorded kept increasing and reached 13m/s at t=854.7s where unit recorded last stick input 4. Unit could only compensate 10m/s wind speed in P mode. Unit recorded 15.5m/s wind speed at t=890s 5. Unit also recorded drifting after wind speed exceeded 10m/s 6. At t=1018.6s, unit drifted away and lost RC signal. RTH was triggered 7. At t=1207.9s, relative height=223m, low battery triggered auto landing 8. At t=1365.96s, relative height=10.3m, unit recorded impact upon landing 9. Map shows a wood matches impact location Conclusion: Poor flight environment with high wind speed. Unit crashed during auto landing Non warranty
Mavic Pro Aircraft & Gimbal (Excluding remote controller, Battery, Battery Charger, Propellers, SD Card, and AC Cable)

Freight:

Total Amount:

Total Payment:

Sorry I got a little excitable but yes I sent my drone in and they told me that it was my fault and since then I have been getting the runaround of whether or not they are going to repair it or replace it and each time they change the status it's another three days which is BS so right now I'm at 4 weeks out and I still don't even have a shipping date of when I'm getting my mavic back!!!

Quick add on to that I have this drone 28 days total and I've only flown it about 8 days at best and all of a sudden one morning it wakes up and says overload gimbal even though I have had nothing more than the slightest Miner crashes of any type but yet not covered under warranty?

I am beyond annoyed with DJI right now! Especially considering that I bought the extra care and they said that they would send my unit back upon payment which I did eight days ago but yet today they send me a status of your unit is repaired and allow time to ship out your repaired unit

Okay I need to clarify because I paid the extra $100 to make sure that I had Priority Care I am not feeling any kind of Priority Care in any way shape or form

Non warranty per data analysis; FLY065 1. Unit took off in P mode and was responsive to RC 2. User pressed full stick ascent and other stick after takeoff and unit reached 212.8m at t=822.5s 3. As unit ascended, wind speed unit recorded kept increasing and reached 13m/s at t=854.7s where unit recorded last stick input 4. Unit could only compensate 10m/s wind speed in P mode. Unit recorded 15.5m/s wind speed at t=890s 5. Unit also recorded drifting after wind speed exceeded 10m/s 6. At t=1018.6s, unit drifted away and lost RC signal. RTH was triggered 7. At t=1207.9s, relative height=223m, low battery triggered auto landing 8. At t=1365.96s, relative height=10.3m, unit recorded impact upon landing 9. Map shows a wood matches impact location Conclusion: Poor flight environment with high wind speed. Unit crashed during auto landing Non warranty
Mavic Pro Aircraft & Gimbal (Excluding remote controller, Battery, Battery Charger, Propellers, SD Card, and AC Cable)

Freight:

Total Amount:

Total Payment:

Yep. That sounds like pilot error. Sorry to say. Warranty will not cover it. The pilot is responsible for navigating the drone in a high wind and knowing if conditions are to windy. It's either pay up and get a replacement, or get the bad unit back.

OMG that's exactly what I am going through right now! And they won't give me the motherfucker back
Sorry I got a little excitable but yes I sent my drone in and they told me that it was my fault and since then I have been getting the runaround of whether or not they are going to repair it or replace it and each time they change the status it's another three days which is BS so right now I'm at 4 weeks out and I still don't even have a shipping date of when I'm getting my mavic back!!!
Quick add on to that I have this drone 28 days total and I've only flown it about 8 days at best and all of a sudden one morning it wakes up and says overload gimbal even though I have had nothing more than the slightest Miner crashes of any type but yet not covered under warranty?
I am beyond annoyed with DJI right now! Especially considering that I bought the extra care and they said that they would send my unit back upon payment which I did eight days ago but yet today they send me a status of your unit is repaired and allow time to ship out your repaired unit
I have spent 3 hours on the phone and God knows how many minutes on each session chat with them all for nothing
I have no idea when I am getting my mavic back
Okay I need to clarify because I paid the extra $100 to make sure that I had Priority Care I am not feeling any kind of Priority Care in any way shape or form
Can you please rant into one post next time? Not to sound mean, but this floods my inbox. As for the turnaround time, you can expect your drone to be gone for up to 6 weeks and DJI Care Refresh is not a priority Care package, just a 1 year insurance policy.

since then I have been getting the runaround of whether or not they are going to repair it or replace it
That's basically none of your business, the terms are that once you pay the excess they give you a working unit again. Whether that's a repair, refurbished replacement or new replacement is at their discretion.

But since it was repaired and on the way to shipping, I have no idea why the heck you'd lose your time trying to know exactly when it comes.

Thanks for all of the feedback. Much appreciated. I'll pay the $79 cause I want it back
Switch to sport mode next time, you'll get it back without even having to send it to DJI first :)

Last edited:
That's basically none of your business, the terms are that once you pay the excess they give you a working unit again. Whether that's a repair, refurbished replacement or new replacement is at their discretion.

But since it was repaired and on the way to shipping, I have no idea why the heck you'd lose your time trying to know exactly when it comes.

Switch to sport mode next time, you'll get it back without even having to send it to DJI first :)
Sorry for the rant. They just keep changing the status of it being repaired or replaced and each time they changed the status they tack on another couple of days until it is getting shipped

Depending yeah. Any high winds or drift sport mode will help. Also drop altitude. The wind at ground level is much less than at 200 feet. So if your Flying on a day where they forecast 5-10 mph winds at 200 feet you make experience as much as 15 mph winds. The Mavic can handle 25 mph but it may drift. Your going to need sport mode to compensate correctly.

Yep. That sounds like pilot error. Sorry to say. Warranty will not cover it. The pilot is responsible for navigating the drone in a high wind and knowing if conditions are to windy. It's either pay up and get a replacement, or get the bad unit back.
How can the operator know the wind speed at the MP? The controller does not display it, you may get a warning about the wind, but no value.

How can the operator know the wind speed at the MP? The controller does not display it, you may get a warning about the wind, but no value.

It's pretty easy to see wind speed coming from the direction you are trying to travel. Your H/S will be lower than it's max without any wind. Also you can tell by watching how high your RPMS increase over normal if you are just hovering.

Oconnb910....good job you got the insurance and make sure you renew, it if your flying is as erratic as your forum updates you'll most likely need it :) Oconnb910 : 1 DJI :0 :)

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrose