DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Am I flying way too much? 😂

Yaros

Reactions
Hello, I have been flying my Mavic Air 2 for a little more than 4 months now and might have been flying way too much :)
Check my stats:

DJI Account:

1638451350545.png

Battery Charge Cycles:

1638451376586.png

Yes, I manually keep track of my battery charge cycles, so I don't have one sitting around with 5 cycles and another one with 100.
60 +/- cycles on each battery in 4 months is pretty much, considering I'm just flying for fun, for now at least.
What do you think would be the life expectancy of my drone if I keep flying this often?

Yaros...no keep flying as much as you want and enjoy. I took a satellite view tour of your island. What an interesting location! Some highly populated cities mixed with miles of beaches, mountains, farm land etc. I will have to research it more. Feel free to discuss the highlights of the island. Fascinating! Keep flying!

That goes for manned aircraft also. At least 1 of the other 3 shouldn't be combined with flying!!
I got my private ticket about thirty years back.
Never had beer in the cockpit.😉

@Yaros to be flown is what the drone is made for ,everything wears out eventually ,including us ,so make the most of it and enjoy ,then get another one and wear that one out as well

Flying too much...

Those words never belong in the same sentence. 😉

In addition to monitoring the # of charge cycles, I strongly encourage you to use AirData to analyze their health. Specifically look at any deviations on the battery cells. Too many and at the wrong time, and your drone WILL land. Ask me how I know. I believe that AirData is free up to three batteries.

Reactions: Yaros
Lol it’s very addicting when I got my first Mavic one pro that’s how my stats looked but I didn’t keep up or mark each of the three batteries five years later now I have two more DJI drones and I’ve been flying the Mavic one a little bit lately and noticed that one of the batteries only had 62 charges the other two had at least 280 charges so I’ve been using the one because I do want to say that my Mavic two and my phantom for pro I’ve had to buy new batteries recently because of swelling after 280+ charges the batteries will start swelling so just be careful and take note to always check for swelling because they will pop out and then it’s By by drone, always do a good look around of your batteries props but everything looks good you will notice when the swelling starts the bottom of the battery will start popping up and they will pop out luckily I caught mine in time and yes you just have to toss them and buy new ones and always use Dji batteries Not third-party and less it’s the phantom for pro which I did find a third-party that’s a good battery for just $100 brand new from Amazon

In addition to monitoring the # of charge cycles, I strongly encourage you to use AirData to analyze their health. Specifically look at any deviations on the battery cells. Too many and at the wrong time, and your drone WILL land. Ask me how I know. I believe that AirData is free up to three batteries.
Yes, I already do use airdata!

That goes for manned aircraft also. At least 1 of the other 3 shouldn't be combined with flying!!
"Juts fly casual"...a little joke from an old movie.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121