DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Am I misunderstanding DJI repairs? wth??

MrMantis

Reactions
My bird took a 15 second dip in water, came out with a frayed gimbal ribbon but the bird otherwise worked fine, flew fine, camera worked fine. Gimbal, no good.
Sent in for repairs and I'm quoted ~700 for new camera, new aircraft, new gimbal.
I thought DJI did discrete repairs to individual parts?
They said since im not under warranty repair and no refresh, etc (no insurance) the cost is $700.

They do, but any sane company will consider that an electronic part that touched water is a dead part. So aircraft in water = replace every component = new aircraft.

Water damaged electronics, even if they may still work are very likely to fail pretty soon. Keep it and you can be sure the customer comes back shouting that you did a crap repair job when it fails for good 2 months later.

Its hard to say what needs to be replaced just based on what you describe. If its gimbal assembly only faulty and/or ginmbal control board that may be a part of main Mavic motherboard inside the drone. Ask for itemized parts quote to make sense of it.

Tell them to send it back to you, and then send it to me. For $49 I will tell you exactly what's wrong with it. There's no way that any repair will ever cost that much even if I had to replace every major component in the bird, and you would still save a few hundred.

"Yes, so I have forwarded a request for a re-evaluation from the data analysis team ... The timeframe for this, well there is no timeframe."

Then I'm worried... that is what happened to me yesterday, same result, same symptoms... and I am going to ship this to Holland for evaluation of damage and repair... oh my oh my...
Rob, how difficult is it to send you a Mavic from Italy for repair? I mean custom-wise, duties, DHL/UPS/FedEx cost etc...

Then I'm worried... that is what happened to me yesterday, same result, same symptoms... and I am going to ship this to Holland for evaluation of damage and repair... oh my oh my...
Rob, how difficult is it to send you a Mavic from Italy for repair? I mean custom-wise, duties, DHL/UPS/FedEx cost etc...

I think you probably already paid tax for it, so there should not be any taxes if you send it to the USA based on the Mavics value. Cost to ship it here might be around $60, and might take 1-2 weeks.

He will most likely have to pay tax for it again when you send it back to him since it's near impossible to prove you already paid tax on it and that what you're receiving is something you previously shipped out unless you do a ton of paperwork nobody knows how works.

He will most likely have to pay tax for it again when you send it back to him since it's near impossible to prove you already paid tax on it and that what you're receiving is something you previously shipped out unless you do a ton of paperwork nobody knows how works.

Disagree, sorry. All he has to do is include is a receipt from when he bought it. Max duty he would have to pay when shipping back to Italy would be the value added for the repair, not the drone again.

I've spent enough years banging my head due to that while running a business where I had to handle returns, unless you explicitely contact customs and initiate a temporary export procedure so that they can track both the outgoing and ingoing parcel as being the same thing you have no chance of them believing you it is. The procedure is such pain you're better off taking the risk of having to pay the tax again.

Too many people cheating so they don't believe it if you just say it's a return.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S