DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Am I the first one to crash MA2? (Video Included)

mithatrone

Reactions
Hello pilots!

After testing MA2 Active Track capabilities, I decided to take it on a challenging flight yesterday and it did well! I posted a thread yesterday about it:

However today, I took my MA2 through a woodlands ride expecting it to perform the same as it did yesterday and it was okay for about 10 minutes until it did this:

However, now I have my drone with a dented bumper and a few scratches, but everything else works perfectly! Could you please look at the pictures below which shows the damage to the plastic bumper and recommend how to get it fixed please?!

(And, I have promised to my self not to make this bird suffer like it did again! ?)

IMG_5772.JPG
IMG_5773.JPG
IMG_5774.JPG
IMG_5775.JPG

Unscrew it and correct what you can and then screw it back.

Most likely will not affect the drone's flight capability.

Has given my drone significantly worse thorns and it still flies perfectly.

Reactions: DanaMc
Sorry for your incident ..... would be nice to see somebody remove & replace the nose.

Cheers, Jon

Try what TTP recommended, may straighten out.

Eventually, you’ll see spare parts on eBay including front piece.

Glad to see it’s still okay, seen yesterday’s video that was impressive ?

It looks like it collided with some fairly thin branches? Possibly to thin for the sensors?
plenty of leaves on the branches though so would guess that would be picked up .... looks exactly like one of the things i was going to do with mine.

it also looked like you had gone a bit too fast for it so maybe it was struggling to latch on to you at that point

plenty of leaves on the branches though so would guess that would be picked up .... looks exactly like one of the things i was going to do with mine.

it also looked like you had gone a bit too fast for it so maybe it was struggling to latch on to you at that point
Exactly that!!

Reactions: geneg
Unscrew it and correct what you can and then screw it back.

There are no screws, its only clips! I don't feel comfortable in undoing the clips in case if I snap one (I did that with my MM) I won't be able to put it back properly!

And yes, the drone functions without any glitches after the accident. My only worry is about the cosmetic look of the drone.

That is pretty impressive how the drone can follow you while avoiding inflight obstacles! It appears that it stops once it encounters obstacles that prevent its forward movement.

Hello pilots!

After testing MA2 Active Track capabilities, I decided to take it on a challenging flight yesterday and it did well! I posted a thread yesterday about it:

However today, I took my MA2 through a woodlands ride expecting it to perform the same as it did yesterday and it was okay for about 10 minutes until it did this:

However, now I have my drone with a dented bumper and a few scratches, but everything else works perfectly! Could you please look at the pictures below which shows the damage to the plastic bumper and recommend how to get it fixed please?!

(And, I have promised to my self not to make this bird suffer like it did again! ?)

View attachment 101675
View attachment 101676
View attachment 101677
View attachment 101674
When I saw your video yesterday, I was going to reply that flying that close will end in disaster, but I held my tongue as not to jinx you. Oh well, sorry.

That was pretty cool. No sure I am ready to try following in close quarters like that. It was amazing how the MA2 avoided, went around, obstacles and continued to track you. I'll try some open field stuff first. Thanks for sharing.

If your only worried about how it looks because it’s flying perfect, don’t!!! Your drone now has a “Tough Guy” with a attitude look. Like a scar from a shark bite your drone has personality now, not picture perfect, and I have yet to find a beauty contest to enter any of them in. I am sorry for your accident and I glad it is still flying great for you. Have fun with your new Tough Guy buddy

That was pretty cool. No sure I am ready to try following in close quarters like that. It was amazing how the MA2 avoided, went around, obstacles and continued to track you. I'll try some open field stuff first. Thanks for sharing.
That is what I did first. I tried to get it to follow me in open air and then with some minor obstacles. When I saw it was doing well I thought I will give it a test. However the next day I crashed it :(

Its not really due to lack of a top sensor right? The front vision looked simply unable to avoid the thin and potentially moving branch.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots