DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Amatuer Drone shots. WMD19 - 2539 Bikers at one Place

TechVoyager

Reactions

Hello Friends,
Check out my new video on the WMD19 event. Pardon me for some amateaur shots. Just trying to get a hang of all this.
And improving drone shots with every new flight. Let me know in the comment section - what you liked and what can be improved.
The video is entirely shot on MA Drone, GoPro Hero 2018 and Note 9 mobile camera, so some clips might not look better.
Learning to improvise. Support me by Liking, Commenting and Subscribing to the channel.

NOTE: Please don't be harsh with words. Constructive comments are always welcome.

Thanks,
Dinesh
Youtube.com/XplorerDinesh

First and most important thing: The more you film, the better you can get. Same for editing.
Another thing I want to say before I comment to the video: Motorcycles are "not my thing"

For the footage:
I personally prefer slower moves of the camera, but that might have something to do with my age. I don't know if some of the footage is tremulous because you used a small camera/cellphone or that is is because of the people around you pushing their way through, but it makes it difficult for me to watch (other people might think different about it). For "ground footage" I like to use a balanced stick to put my camera on (Steadycam). That way, moves I make are smoother and it becomes easier for people to watch. The rest (what and how you film) is "taste" and personal style. If you take three great and famous filmmakers like Hitchcock, Tarantino and Me, you will see three different styles you might like or not.

To the editing: Again, a personal thing, I rarely use the "hard" transition between scenes. For me, it makes it softer to watch. Longer scenes (15 to 20 seconds) also make a film softer. Fast moves of the camera combined with hard transitions makes me feel dizzy. In some cases, to put an emphasis on speed, I think it is okay to use, most of the time, I consider it to be more disturbing. Same with the flashes (series of extrem short scenes).

But that is all very personal, you made the video, you did the editing and as long as you feel it is good, who am I to question that?

(and for those who read and have different opions: That is fine with me)

I also general like slower transitions and camera moves, but I thought it also worked for this event. I would have like to see more of the bikes in motion.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ