DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Amazing!! Using Google Earth for 3D view of Litchi Waypoint Missions

Scottalmas

Reactions
I stumbled across a great tool today that allows you to see your Litchi Waypoint missions in 3d to confirm that your mission will clear obstacles. It turns out that you can download your Missions at 3D KML paths and then that file as a Project into Google Earth (earth.google.com/web) to see the mission in 3d.

1584316370795.png

You can actually get a pretty good preview of what the flight will look like before firing up the motors! Super cool.

An even greater tool.

I stumbled across a great tool today that allows you to see your Litchi Waypoint missions in 3d to confirm that your mission will clear obstacles. It turns out that you can download your Missions at 3D KML paths and then that file as a Project into Google Earth (earth.google.com/web) to see the mission in 3d.

View attachment 96683

You can actually get a pretty good preview of what the flight will look like before firing up the motors! Super cool.

Not sure if you've tried Dronelink (www.dronelink.com), but it does all of that - and more.

View attachment 96683

That is exactly what I need but is there any way you could clear up your instructions? I'm having trouble with the steps. Thanks......

Sure. I am going to play with some of the suggestions above today, but the very simple thing I tripped over was this:

1. After creating your mission in Mission Hub, click "MISSIONS"
2. Select "Export as MKL 3D Path" and make note of where the file was downloaded to (likely your "Downloads" folder).
3. Go to earth.google.com/web
4. Select Menu (the 3 horizontal bars) in the upper left corner of the screen
5. Select "Projects"
6. Select "Open" and import your KML file from the location in step 2 above.

That should do it.

Reactions: pelagic_one
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordy