DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Amazon fire

PoonDog

Reactions
Has anyone used the Amazon Fire for a monitor? Must be a reason it’s $80.00

I use a 2016 Fire HD8. Most people say it’s underpowered but I haven’t had any issues with it at all. You do have to download Google Play, quick 2 minute search, and 5 minutes of your time to load 4 different programs will get Play on the Fire and allow you to download Go4 and you will be flying shortly after. It doesn’t have a GPS chip so you lose the Follow Me feature and can’t reset your home point once in the air. If you don’t mind missing those features, I’d say go for it with the 8 or 10 inch model, but the 7 inch may be underpowered.

Reactions: Johnmcl7
Thanks for the reply, I guess for the price it's wortha try

I have the Fire’s for my kids, bought an extra for myself based off of price to use for watching movies on planes/hotels with the thought “if something happens to it, it’s not a huge loss” like an iPad Pro would be. We have iPads as well but the Fire was more of a plan b than anything. Overall, quality to price has not been bad. Worth a shot, just don’t waste time on the 7 inch. Go to 8 inch for 720p screen or 10 inch for 1080p. Also, check home shopping network or qvc as sometimes they beat amazons actual prices or come with SD cards or cases for the same price.

Sorry to bring up a old thread. I am using a 2017 7th gen Fire hd 8. With playstore enabled I downloaded Go 4.3.25 via playstore. It installed, but could not load. It would just load for a while a stop. Then I just downloaded a previous version, 4.3.24, which installed fine and also proceeded to download the additional files properly the first time. Can we use this thread to keep track of which version is working or not?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000