DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Amazon Prime might cost extra with this new UAV flight service

Sorry, didn’t read. Good topic. Here’s my stance, explanation is posted elsewhere
-I will refuse drone delivery for safety reasons that may be particular to my situation and buy somewhere else if needed.

Sorry, didn’t read. Good topic. Her’s my stance, explanation is posted elsewhere
-I will refuse drone delivery for safety reasons that may be particular to my situation and buy somewhere else if needed.
I hear you. A realization of high tech automation is coming near you, ether on the ground, as in automated delivery, or in the air. The good ole days of horse and buggy are surely gone. Gotta admit, ordering by sliding a button on your phone, paying for it, getting it delivered by GPS makes those Charles chips taste even better!

• Sad
Reactions: deleted member 877
And trees, and what about not flying over people and line of sight? Battery life? I think a bunch of programmers are setting up what if's and playing, but I do not see this as becoming a reality.

The FAA has granted Amazon a 12 month trial during which time no actual drone deliveries will be allowed - so it's not going to be happening any time soon. But then we all know how time flies and 12 months will be like a blink of the eye.

For all of the reasons mentioned above I have been opposed to the overall concept but also know that there is a lot of heavy duty lobbying going on in favour of getting widespread drone delivery off the ground ASAP. If we, as a united front, don't go head-to-head with this powerful force and loudly voice our concerns to the FAA and all levels of government then we will only have ourselves to blame when the skies become clogged with commercial drones.

I do believe that drone delivery of medical and life-saving related packages is an awesome development and has already proven itself in the field. But that Use case is very different to something like drone delivered fast food in the suburbs precisely because it's not happening in the suburbs.

The FAA has granted Amazon a 12 month trial during which time no actual drone deliveries will be allowed - so it's not going to be happening any time soon. But then we all know how time flies and 12 months will be like a blink of the eye.

For all of the reasons mentioned above I have been opposed to the overall concept but also know that there is a lot of heavy duty lobbying going on in favour of getting widespread drone delivery off the ground ASAP. If we, as a united front, don't go head-to-head with this powerful force and loudly voice our concerns to the FAA and all levels of government then we will only have ourselves to blame when the skies become clogged with commercial drones.

I do believe that drone delivery of medical and life-saving related packages is an awesome development and has already proven itself in the field. But that Use case is very different to something like drone delivered fast food in the suburbs precisely because it's not happening in the suburbs.
I’m in the fight, you are correct, if we don’t band together we will loose the regulated freedom with currently enjoy. They will have taken our already limited airspace.
Semper-Fi

I just hope we never lose are 400' as Long as we can fly up to the 400' and keep all the commercial stuff out of our air space they can do what they want. I know they have to land and take off but we all do LOL

I just hope we never lose are 400' as Long as we can fly up to the 400' and keep all the commercial stuff out of our air space they can do what they want. I know they have to land and take off but we all do LOL
Most demos I have seen show the drone lowering the package by a long cord... My dogs will love it. The trees surrounding my house will likely make drone delivery to me impractical.

I am all for the inter hospital delivery of medicines and transplant organs. This is a perfect use and rooftop to rooftop.

One of the strongest tools against this may be refusal of drone delivery (which protects delivery driver’s jobs) and taking your business elsewhere if only drone delivery is offered.

Wonder how they will prove delivery of tracked packages?

Wonder how they're going to address the noise issue. It's one thing when a 1 pound drone goes overhead, but a drone capable of lifting 5 pounds (meaning the drone itself is considerably heaver) is likely to be quite another. I pity anybody living near the Amazon "drone port".

I agree about the use of drones to support medical cases in remote locations.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54