DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Amazon PRIME Orders

stealle

Reactions
Anyone else order from Amazon PRIME? I'm talking SHIPPED AND SOLD by Amazon; NOT shipped by Amazon and sold by: DJI, E ZEE, Koozam, etc.

I'm just wondering why Amazon has the Mavic Pro listed as "This item will be released on December 1, 2016. Pre-order now." This is incorrect. It has already been released. And, it's not a pre-order... It's back-ordered or just out of stock. I have been ordering from Amazon for years. They always list items that are out of stock as "Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available."

Point I'm making, I think even if Amazon had some of these in stock I'm not sure they would ship them because the way their "system" works. They would probably hold them until they are "released on December 1." Not sure how to check on this. As much as I love shopping on Amazon, I've found that talking to customer service over the phone is a big waste of time. They don't seem to no anymore than what can be seen on the website.

My 2 cents...

Adorama and others are the same way. Just because DJI has released a few out into the wild, these retailers have not received any. From their POV, it's still a pre-order / back order. They have order them from DJI but not received them, thus cannot pass them on to you. Believe me, they would love to sell to you so they can take your money.

There are some instances where manufacturers do impose embargoes on retailers and prevent sale of their goods before a certain date, but i highly doubt this is the case, especially since several other resellers have already received some shipments and been allowed to sell them.

Point I'm making, I think even if Amazon had some of these in stock I'm not sure they would ship them because the way their "system" works. They would probably hold them until they are "released on December 1."
Amazon does not have any in stock. That's why they are not shipping yet.

My 10 pence worth [emoji6] ...

The problem with the current DJI policy that seems to be too prioritise direct orders contradicts the companies past policy to supply premium dealers first thus off loading the support and logistics.

My heart goes out to the companies that now have been tainted with the failings from DJI. Some of which in my eyes you really shouldn't upset, ie. Apple or Amazon.

Being a PRIME member will mean nothing when dealing with suppliers that have been shafted by manufacturers. In the UK we've seen several companies cancel relationships with DJI and Amazon.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

I ordered via Amazon Prime, fulfilled and shipped by Amazon on 26-Oct-16. I am in absolutely no hurry (don't expect it til 2017) and I think it is only fair that everybody that ordered theirs before me get theirs first. I know many of you are serious die hard drone folks but still I can't believe some of the childlike antics on this forum. I have a P3A and a P3P still too fly. And I have a life as well. I just spent 3 months hiking the National Ice Age Trail which is 1200 miles. Like I said I'm in no hurry - plenty to do in the meantime.Yes, I look forward to getting it but certainly no tracking of planes or Fed-Ex trucks for me. Also, the reason I went through Amazon Prime, yes I know I pay sales tax, is I've been completely satisfied with Amazon and I buy a ton from them.

I ordered via Amazon Prime, fulfilled and shipped by Amazon on 26-Oct-16. I am in absolutely no hurry (don't expect it til 2017) and I think it is only fair that everybody that ordered theirs before me get theirs first. I know many of you are serious die hard drone folks but still I can't believe some of the childlike antics on this forum. I have a P3A and a P3P still too fly. And I have a life as well. I just spent 3 months hiking the National Ice Age Trail which is 1200 miles. Like I said I'm in no hurry - plenty to do in the meantime.Yes, I look forward to getting it but certainly no tracking of planes or Fed-Ex trucks for me. Also, the reason I went through Amazon Prime, yes I know I pay sales tax, is I've been completely satisfied with Amazon and I buy a ton from them.

Your life is so awesome. Tell us more....:

I just got back from Birmingham and traveled half way around the m25 battling the English weather while fighting with the car stereo!!

I ordered via Amazon Prime, fulfilled and shipped by Amazon on 26-Oct-16. I am in absolutely no hurry (don't expect it til 2017) and I think it is only fair that everybody that ordered theirs before me get theirs first. I know many of you are serious die hard drone folks but still I can't believe some of the childlike antics on this forum.
I'm not sure I follow you. I guess you are talking about the forum in general and not this thread. I wasn't really even complaining about anything. Just pointing out that amazon has it listed wrong: 'pre-order" vs "out of stock" or "backordered." But since you brought it up, I ordered on September 29 which is the first day Amazon Prime listed the Mavic here in the U.S. So, I should get mine fairly soon if DJI lives up to their first come first serve policy.
I have a P3A and a P3P still too fly. And I have a life as well. I just spent 3 months hiking the National Ice Age Trail which is 1200 miles. Like I said I'm in no hurry - plenty to do in the meantime.Yes, I look forward to getting it but certainly no tracking of planes or Fed-Ex trucks for me. Also, the reason I went through Amazon Prime, yes I know I pay sales tax, is I've been completely satisfied with Amazon and I buy a ton from them.
Ha! That's funny!:p

But since you brought it up, I ordered on September 29 which is the first day Amazon Prime listed the Mavic here in the U.S. So, I should get mine fairly soon if DJI lives up to their first come first serve policy.
If I understand it correctly the "first come first served" are with DJI orders as DJI has no idea of who has ordered what/when through it's resellers. In fact many of the resellers haven't even got a shipment yet. And some are very big such as Apple, Best Buy, Amazon and such. Now if you ordered with DJI via Amazon that is a different story you bought from DJI. But this thread is about Amazon Prime orders.

order Oct 4th Amazon Prime. it changed back in Oct to release date Dec 2nd.

indicates:

Pre-ordered
Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date.

Been like that for awhile. tried as well a few weeks back to tell them it was released with no avail. They emailed me back and told me they would no longer respond to my questions and emails. So i am just a waiting. I guess i am lucky in that it didn't get canceled like some of the the 3rd party amazon orders. Well at least not yet.

I just got this e-mail from Amazon. I ordered through Amazon/Amazon Prime on the 26-Oct. Just an FYI

Hello,

We now have delivery date(s) for the order you placed on October 26, 2016 (Order# 112-XXXXXX-XXXXXXX):

"DJI Mavic Pro Fly More Bundle, Mini Portable Drones, Gray"
Estimated arrival date: December 07, 2016 - December 08, 2016

If you want to check on the progress of your order, take a look at this page in Your Account
:

I just got this e-mail from Amazon. I ordered through Amazon/Amazon Prime on the 26-Oct. Just an FYI

Hello,

We now have delivery date(s) for the order you placed on October 26, 2016 (Order# 112-XXXXXX-XXXXXXX):

"DJI Mavic Pro Fly More Bundle, Mini Portable Drones, Gray"
Estimated arrival date: December 07, 2016 - December 08, 2016

If you want to check on the progress of your order, take a look at this page in Your Account
:
Interesting. My Amazon Prime order on Oct 11 for the Mavic Pro (no combo) has not been updated. Still says "we need more time".

I ordered the 20th of Oct. and still have a pending delivery date -_-

Again I ordered from Amazon fulfilled and shipped by Amazon with Prime. It always said "Pre-ordered
Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date."

But now if gives me a date for delivery. Again, it can always change but usually Amazon is on or earlier with the date.

Again I ordered from Amazon fulfilled and shipped by Amazon with Prime. It always said "Pre-ordered
Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date."

But now if gives me a date for delivery. Again, it can always change but usually Amazon is on or earlier with the date.
Perhaps Amazon is anticipating an earlier arrival of the Fly More package. I'll update this thread when my status changes for my Oct 11 order of the Mavic.

All those ordering now have to be realistic and not expect anything until 2017!

Ditto here. Order Oct 4th no update they still need more time

Just curious what page in your account are they referring to?

Last edited:
I see that Raptorman over in the huge pre-order thread got the same e-mail I did with the same shipping date. The only thing I see different on the Amazon site is now it says 01-Dec for the release date and it never said that before.

I see that Raptorman over in the huge pre-order thread got the same e-mail I did with the same shipping date. The only thing I see different on the Amazon site is now it says 01-Dec for the release date and it never said that before.

I'm pretty sure they have had it available for pre-order with a release date of Dec 1 for a couple weeks now. I know when I placed my order on Oct 31 it showed a release date of Dec 1.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys