DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Amazon Used Like New

Komatsu

Reactions
Can anyone tell me if you get a 12 month warranty from Amazon or can still qualify for DJI care refresh if you get a “used” or “like new” DJI product from Amazon, tia.

What is a "like new" product? I think it's either used or new; it can't be in between. Amazon is not going to give any warranty unless the product is sold by Amazon, not another "store". A new, never used or activated item purchased from Amazon.com or an authorized DJI would qualify for CareRefresh.
Such questions should be answered by your actual Amazon seller. On the other hand, why not just purchase directly from DJI?

Be careful ❗️ Iv know of cases where the drone is bounded to a DJI account, Amazon has no idea who it was and you will only get 5 flights out of it and then it will not work !!!

Reactions: Komatsu
You normallly have 30? Days to return an item at Amazon but that might be it. you’ll have to check. Also check with state farm insurance, their policy is cheap.

Can anyone tell me if you get a 12 month warranty from Amazon or can still qualify for DJI care refresh if you get a “used” or “like new” DJI product from Amazon, tia.
The 12 month warranty started when the drone was activated or delivered to the first owner. You will only be able to use however much time is remaining in that original 12 month warranty.

DJI Care can only be purchased if a DJI Care plan hasn't already been bound to the drone. If the original owner purchased DJI Care, then that plan would be transferred to you. Like the warranty, you'd only be able to use the remaining time.

If you have any doubts, ask DJI support directly before buying from Amazon.

Iv know of cases where the drone is bounded to a DJI account, Amazon has no idea who it was and you will only get 5 flights out of it and then it will not work !!!
You'd know immediately if a drone is bound to another DJI account. It wouldn't take 5 flights to figure that out.

You normallly have 30? Days to return an item at Amazon but that might be it
It depends on the item. Some items cannot be returned. If that's important, check the listing before buying on Amazon.

Last edited:
What is a "like new" product? I think it's either used or new; it can't be in between. Amazon is not going to give any warranty unless the product is sold by Amazon, not another "store". A new, never used or activated item purchased from Amazon.com or an authorized DJI would qualify for CareRefresh.
Such questions should be answered by your actual Amazon seller. On the other hand, why not just purchase directly from DJI?
not helpful

Reactions: maggior
thank you for the replies, these are exactly the type of answers I was looking for, my concern was did amazon class "like new" the same as "brand new", unopened and not activated hence being able to buy care refresh, going off your replies its to much of a gamble for the saving it has, this is how amazon describes like new "An item in perfect working condition, the packaging may bear some damage. The item fully functions, and all its essential accessories are complete." sounds good right, but if you phone amazon they won't a picture of the item you want, it'll be someone in India your talking to, a pointless conversation, as some said I could purchase it and return within 30 days

I have seen many discussions on new vs used vs pre-owned. I have come to the conclusion that the only time it is safe to call it 'new' is when it is bought in wrapper from the store or manufacturer. After that, it is no longer new. So...what is it? 'NIB' is often used as is 'pre-owned' or even 'like new'. And for me, used once is...well...just plain 'used'.

I know that this does not answer the OP's question but it is something to think about regarding the root of the question.

my concern was did amazon class "like new" the same as "brand new"
I'm pretty sure this classification is not the same. If someone returns an unused, sealed item to Amazon, they are likely going to sell it again as brand new (since it really is).

If Amazon knows a returned item is "in perfect working condition", they probably powered it on to ensure it works (to the best of their knowledge).

yes walleye, I've asked myself the exact same questions, they make it sound as if it is brand new "untouched" in every sense of the word, sealed, stickers still on the lot, and you will get a drone exactly the same as if bought off dji but buying from amazon your box is a bit bashed, I'll avoid it I think, I'll maybe try the amazon like new thing out on something not in the £1000's, had a quick look at other dji stuff on there, it looks like if something new or used can have care refresh it has box for you to choose, for example I've seen an option "WITH CARE REFRESH" and "WITHOUT CARE REFRESH" for the Air 2S, the choice is there for both new and used drone, this time there was more or a description about the used one you could buy with care refresh, it says "Small cosmetic imperfection on the front of the camera body. Small cosmetic imperfection on the bottom, top or sides of the camera body. Item will come in original packaging. Packaging will be damaged." so based on this you can still pick care refresh with your purchase on amazon which is peace of mind for someone

thank you all for your input folks, I find this forum an excellent knowledge base of information, its the only form of social media I have, and user experience is better than. google imo, I've decided against amazon purchase for now, far to many variables

Reactions: MA2 317
I think Amazon uses the term "renewed" for sales like these

1675020734273.png

reading that description it might be the drone has been refurbished by DJI, and thus eligible for Care Refresh. However, reading that it could also be it was either Amazon or another entity doing the renewal, which would probably mean it not was eligible for DJI Care Refresh

I've paid pretty close attention to this and I'm an Amazon Prime subscriber. My opinion is you'll get the same price. or lower, on a 'refurbished-by-DJI' drone by going to the refurbished store at DJI or by going to a vendor like Drone Nerds or Adorama. And that way you will be assured of full warranty plus full Care refresh coverage

Last edited:
Reactions: maggior and Komatsu
The Amazon listing is very misleading. I bought a "replacement drone" which says very clearly "never been used." It was from a third party, not the DJI store. When I got the drone, I was not able to purchase DJI Care since apparently it had been registered previously. Checking the logs, apparently it had been flown about 16 miles prior to arriving on my doorstep. I was able to purchase DJI Care by contacting DJI directly and uploading a video to them to show the "like new" quality of the drone. Documentation is on their website how to do this and they were very responsive. In the end, I saved about $200, so I guess it was worth it (I was upgrading from a Magic Air 2 to an Air 2S and only needed the body of the drone, not the batteries or controller.)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael N