DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ambient Light (Forward Vision System)

RCKable

Reactions
I do a bunch of flying during the later part of sunset. I keep getting a message on my screen saying Ambient light to low (I know the forward vision sensors need good lighting due to a conversation with DJI but they never finished answering me).
So my actual question is (because I guess I am over looking something). How and/or what do I need to turn off so that I don't get the Ambient light low message when I am flying later in the evening. I see videos of people flying at night, taking night pictures. I never see the app saying ambient light to low, so obviously there is a way to shut it off.
Another reason I would like to shut it off or whatever I need to off is out of 4 flights when that message appears the very next thing I hear my tablet saying "Landing"..."Landing"..."Landing", I am able to cancel the landing thankfully, I fly it back to "home" as a precaution thing. I got to speak with DJI rep, uploaded flight log, actually all 4 of them. The rep comes back saying that it requires better lighting, and that I tapped Land on the app, which I know darn well I didn't since I was over trees.

For the sensors confusion at sunset or during low light, disable Obstacle Avoidance and disable VPS. To prevent the surprise auto landing behavior you can disable Landing Protection. Just need to make sure you consider any negative impacts of disabling those features if you do.

Thank you.
I will keep in mind what negative things can happen and keep an extra eye out when when I fly later in the evening.

Thank you.
I will keep in mind what negative things can happen and keep an extra eye out when when I fly later in the evening.
One other thing to keep in mind - one of the functions of the VPS system is to provide more stability and helps to keep the Mavic from drifting - so be ready for more drifting with it off.

I tried it tonight, in the same area I kept getting the messages. Yep it drifts, and the wind knocks it around a little more then with it on. I did find a PERFECT solution though. Leave it on, and fly before the sun goes down. At least until I am very confident in flying with turning them off during midday hours.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toninhostark