DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ambitious manual shots from Ireland

AltumVidens

Reactions

Trying out my new Mavic Mini 2, I got a little ambituous with some of the continuous shots in this video (e.g. at 45 seconds & 17 seconds). I had about 4 hours flying time under my belt and I decided to get more adventurous with some of the shots. I don't know if I got lucky with some of these shots because I can't honestly say my conscious mind knew what I was doing, but it was definitely fun!

Would love any feedback from more experienced pilots or general thoughts on the video, thanks.

I think you are doing very well indeed. Maybe just a bit fast in places.
The only other thing I would say concerns the penultimate clip, be wary of seabirds especially when they might be 'buzzing' the drone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: AltumVidens
Thanks for sharing! I think you did a good job for only flying for 4 hours. This is better than my early drone videos :) The location also looks awesome!

One of the first things I'm looking for is consistent motions in your shots. This is one thing that can show if you are a beginner or a professional. Most of your shots have that, but some of them are a bit "shaky". Your tilting shots are great! But all this will get better as you progress in flying and editing.

As you get more familiar with flying your drone, you can plan your shots a little bit better. What should be in the frame? What type of shots do you need for a video like this?

You did a good job using different kinds of shots in this video :) The music fits for the Irish location, but may be a little to intense for my taste. But that is just my opinion. I think finding the right music is one of the hardest things to do for my own videos.

Over all, a nice video and you have great potential :)

Vegard

I liked it - I think slower would be better for a cinematic look. Either @ flight or in post. To me, it tends to make historical places a bit more significant.

Beautiful footage! In addition to Prop Wash's remarks, consider adding smooth transitions between scenes in your edits.

I must say; you have a pair of talented thumbs. Kudos!
One piece of advice: Watch BBC docu's, Discovery, NAT-GEO and other channels with great docu's with drone shots.
Imagine Sir David Attenborough is narrating over your shots.
Maybe slow down just a bit - but your POI-skills is spot on.

I agree with the other comments. Slow down. Avoid short clips that are too short and use dissolves between clips. They are easier on the eyes.

overall good job.

Awesome, thanks for sharing!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ken28e