DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Amplified antenna claims

Howdeedoodee

Reactions
Hi fellow fliers

I'm on the verge of ordering an antenna booster and have been studying for many hours on what's available as follows.(I'll be doing the battery mod)

1/ Max uav amplified antenna which is about 4w and amplified with battery for boosting
EvoLite Kit Plus (Mavic Pro Edition)

2/ A DBS mods non amplified antenna with no battery for boosting.
Mavic Pro NanoSync – DBS Mods

3 A max mod/Drone world non amplified antenna no battery for boosting.
Drone World

4/ An alien tech non amplified antenna with no battery for boosting and I Think they do a battery boosted version
ALIENTECH 5.8G+2*2.4G 15DBi UAV Remote Sand & Receive Signal Amplifier w/ Antenna 5KM for DJI Phantom 3 4 Inspire Mavic Pro - Copterlab Drone Gimbal Online Store in US - Quadcopter Hexacopter Octocopter Gimbal

5/ Titan Drones non amplified antenna booster no battery but they are soon to release a battery boosted version in a few weeks

DBS mods show on a YouTube video a tripod/pole mounted antenna booster (is this available to buy or what panels/kit does he use)

My main question is that they all have video's showing long range flights and the range claims on video's are all roughly the same???
How can an unboosted non battery amplified antenna get the same range as a 4000mah battery boosted antenna.
Non battery boosted is approx $150 and a 4000mah boosted version is approx $300
Can someone help shed some light on this and is a tripod/pole mounted kit available to buy and what difference will there be between
1/ A non battery amplified antenna
2/ A 4000mah battery amplified antenna
3/ A Tripod/pole mounted kit and is it amplified with a battery.

Thanks in advance.

just go for the set of pigtails and two good SMA Antennas and you'll be fine for < $50...

Ender

Location,location,location. That's the real key to it all but having some extra power on hand don't hurt either.

You know better than that!
Not really, If i can get 75% of the range of a System that 2-4 times as expensive i condider that a good ratio.
Of course you could go all the way but IMO it has to stay within (mentally) healthy limits...

:)

Ender

Location,location,location. That's the real key to it all but having some extra power on hand don't hurt either.
I think so too. Those metal recletors for the remote make sense, I wonder if anyone has tuned a design to reflect and gather optimally?

Not really, If i can get 75% of the range of a System that 2-4 times as expensive i condider that a good ratio.
Of course you could go all the way but IMO it has to stay within (mentally) healthy limits...

:)

Ender
Well maybe if you live in Florida you will get that but not around here where I'm at with all the trees and stuff.

Hi fellow fliers

I'm on the verge of ordering an antenna booster and have been studying for many hours on what's available as follows.(I'll be doing the battery mod)

1/ Max uav amplified antenna which is about 4w and amplified with battery for boosting
EvoLite Kit Plus (Mavic Pro Edition)

2/ A DBS mods non amplified antenna with no battery for boosting.
Mavic Pro NanoSync – DBS Mods

3 A max mod/Drone world non amplified antenna no battery for boosting.
Drone World

4/ An alien tech non amplified antenna with no battery for boosting and I Think they do a battery boosted version
ALIENTECH 5.8G+2*2.4G 15DBi UAV Remote Sand & Receive Signal Amplifier w/ Antenna 5KM for DJI Phantom 3 4 Inspire Mavic Pro - Copterlab Drone Gimbal Online Store in US - Quadcopter Hexacopter Octocopter Gimbal

5/ Titan Drones non amplified antenna booster no battery but they are soon to release a battery boosted version in a few weeks

DBS mods show on a YouTube video a tripod/pole mounted antenna booster (is this available to buy or what panels/kit does he use)

My main question is that they all have video's showing long range flights and the range claims on video's are all roughly the same???
How can an unboosted non battery amplified antenna get the same range as a 4000mah battery boosted antenna.
Non battery boosted is approx $150 and a 4000mah boosted version is approx $300
Can someone help shed some light on this and is a tripod/pole mounted kit available to buy and what difference will there be between
1/ A non battery amplified antenna
2/ A 4000mah battery amplified antenna
3/ A Tripod/pole mounted kit and is it amplified with a battery.

Thanks in advance.
1- Yes, this is the way to go. It's 3W boosters by the way. This is for the players.
2- Could work depending on location. Do not expect miracles.
3- Biggest nonsense ever. Stay away.
4- No idea....stay away??
5- Is promising.. will test soon.

Note: I have tested enough (no theory but in the field. Congested/ less congested) and all I can say is: BOOST.
The MAh of a battery has nothing to do with boosting power.
The pole...well. Contact @beanbubba about poles. I worship his pole.

Reactions: sprtbkrydr
1- Yes, this is the way to go. It's 3W boosters by the way. This is for the players.

Note: I have tested enough (no theory but in the field. Congested/ less congested) and all I can say is: BOOST.

Wow....... :)

In your opinion is this then junk?

ALIENTECH 2.4Ghz Antenna booster for DJI MAVIC PRO / PHANTOM ...

This stuff is a waste of money.

Its not a waste if it works. I can’t speak for Agtek car kit but I have seen the Titan car kit work flawlessly with range. The guy was warm and toasty in his car while I froze my butt, toes and fingers off. Glad it’s warming up now.

Its not a waste if it works. I can’t speak for Agtek car kit but I have seen the Titan car kit work flawlessly with range. The guy was warm and toasty in his car while I froze my butt, toes and fingers off. Glad it’s warming up now.
I've never seen any of it work good. I bought some of it myself and had no luck with it.

I have 2 sunhans 3w boosters and 4hawks and just orderd a mavic 2pro will that increase the range.. Aslo on my old mavic i was told to just boost the left side is this the same for the pro 2 also?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98