DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

An Android phone fix that might prove useful so some people. (USB connection gone bad in an odd way....fix)

• Thread starter Deleted member 103366
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 103366

My Samsung S6 got wet, caught in a rain shower. I dried it ASAP but a few days later the connection to the controller started to play up. The connection would sometimes work and some times not, it was not a cable etc. fault as another phone worked flawlessly with the same equipment etc. I also started to lose the USB connection to a computer. Charging also started playing up, maxing out at 90%.
I eventually tried a factory reset which also meant that I lost all the unsaved flight logs from Fly, Go4 and Go, and then had to trawl through all the blooming apps again disabling the 'junk', then reset the USB connections etc. no luck, still beep beeped.
The odd thing was it would read an mSD card connected to the USB port via a reader etc. and, with the phone physically connected to a computer via a USB cable, I would occasionally and very temporarily, get a flashed up message on the computer about opening the phone.
This suggested to me it wasn't a mechanical failure but something else, some googling mentioned these symptons and the phone getting wet, and took me to a suggested solution which is

Settings> Apps> Show System Apps> USBSettings> Storage> Clear Cache then Clear data then restart.

I stuck the phone infront of a fan heater for 1/2hr and then did the above clearance, it now connects to the computer and I have just connected to a RC1* controller for Mavic 2

Fingers crossed. I don't know whether it was the heating or clearance that did the trick but at the moment something did lol.
Update just flown Mavic mini and a M2Pwith it and it is working fine, now cursing the lost logs.

Last edited by a moderator:
My Samsung S6 got wet, caught in a rain shower....
I stuck the phone infront of a fan heater for 1/2hr and then did the above clearance, it now connects to the computer and I have just connected to a RC1* controller for Mavic 2
Happy to hear it is working but unlike your digestive system cooking electronics is generally not advised.

Generally I would agree but as the phone is only used as a screen it was, for me, a brick if I had no USB connection so I had nothing to lose besides it was a 'reheating' rather than a cooking lol

I always keep a can of contact cleaner in my gear bag for such eventualities. Haven't had to use it yet but it is always there,

My Samsung S6 got wet, caught in a rain shower. I dried it ASAP but a few days later the connection to the controller started to play up. The connection would sometimes work and some times not, it was not a cable etc. fault as another phone worked flawlessly with the same equipment etc. I also started to lose the USB connection to a computer. Charging also started playing up, maxing out at 90%.
I eventually tried a factory reset which also meant that I lost all the unsaved flight logs from Fly, Go4 and Go, and then had to trawl through all the blooming apps again disabling the 'junk', then reset the USB connections etc. no luck, still beep beeped.
The odd thing was it would read an mSD card connected to the USB port via a reader etc. and, with the phone physically connected to a computer via a USB cable, I would occasionally and very temporarily, get a flashed up message on the computer about opening the phone.
This suggested to me it wasn't a mechanical failure but something else, some googling mentioned these symptons and the phone getting wet, and took me to an suggested solution which is

Settings> Apps> Show System Apps> USBSettings> Storage> Clear Cache then Clear data then restart.

Fingers crossed. I don't know whether it was the heating or clearance that did the trick but at the moment something did lol.
Update just flown Mavic mini and a M2Pwith it and it is working fine, now cursing the lost logs.
Putting a wet phone in a Bag of rice also helps, rice sucks the water out nicely, old trick. But works well when you ride a motorbike in the UK and it rains a lot of the time ;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98