DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 An Exciting Mountaineering Adventure on Columbia and Challenger Point, two High Peaks of Colorado

Karlewski

Reactions
We summited these two mountains after the our featured attraction, Kit Carson Mountain. Turns out Columbia Point was easily my favorite, climbing up a wild exposed ridge to the summit. It was also the exact time period I got hurt, on this descent glissading on a steep narrow snow gully at rocket speed and then bouncing. I think I was lucky it was not worse, could have met the rock at speed. . .after I felt the biceps blow up I dug in hard with my elbows, though I do not show any of that footage, gives me the willies just thinking about it now. . . at this point I'm 7 weeks out of surgery and easily doing any kind of hiking/scrambling but, zero technical rock climbing for at least another month, until my the hole in my forearm bone heals around the biceps tendon they thread in there.

I have followed your trips with great interest and more than a little jealousy because I did not do any extreme climbing when I was young enough to do it. I have been worried that one of these days an accident would catch up to you. It is ironic that it was on a down hill that you got hurt. I tried a ice/snow gully for a fast downhill on the LaSal mountains in Utah years ago. The speed was scary but in that case the gully evened out near the bottom and no harm was done.

The climbing is my strong skill honed over 25 years, not to say there is ALWAYS a chance of getting hurt doing it but, dealing with snow is unpracticed and I hate carrying the extra weight of the axe and the real risk of getting poked by it. . . I do know the basic skills of snow climbing but have little practice unlike rock climbing. . .
I'll definitely check out the book! I love that stuff, I've read a bunch of mountaineering epics, Shackleton, Rienhold Messner is a hero! Surely spelled wrong. . . I'm doing the notorious Capitol Peak tomorrow, toughest "standard route 14er in Co But. . . I rarely take the standard route on any of them so. . . it's a normal climb for me. . . Cheers my friends! In the next couple weeks I'll be putting out my best video ever, easy climbing in a surreal and spectacular setting above the clouds!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS