DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ancient Walled City of Xi'an

MPone

Reactions

The Xi'an Ancient City Wall was built from 1370 to 1378 AD under the order of the first emperor of Ming Dynasty (Zhu Yuanzhang 朱元璋). Long before the establishment of Ming Dynasty, Zhu Yuanzhang took an advice from a recluse to build up high walls, hoard abundant food supplies and take time to claim the throne. After he united the country and established Ming Dynasty, he started to build city walls all over the country. Xi'an Ancient City Wall was built at this time. Xi'an was once the capital city of Tang Dynasty (618 - 907 AD), once called Chang An (长安) at that time. The Ancient City Wall built in Ming Dynasty was constructed and enlarged on the foundation of imperial city wall of Tang Dynasty.

Now, Xi'an Ancient City Wall is the largest and best preserved existing ancient city wall in China. Xi'an Ancient City Wall embodied the defense function perfectly. The rectangular city wall is 13.75km in length (about 4 hours walk), 12m in height, 12 – 14m in thickness at the top and 15 – 18m in thickness at the base.

Fascinating and well done. Have always wondered about Xi'an. Isn't that where they found the carved stone warriors underground? Skillful shots. Looked as if you were close to pedestrians who never noticed your drone ... or was it a handheld? Never knew a fortifying wall could be so beautiful!

Reactions: MPone
Very nice, I have been there 4 years ago, without a drone.
Next year I will go again.
How about flying drones in X‘ian and other places in China?
Any restrictions?

What a beautiful and amazing place! I'd really love to see China. Thank you for sharing- incredible!

Fascinating and well done. Have always wondered about Xi'an. Isn't that where they found the carved stone warriors underground? Skillful shots. Looked as if you were close to pedestrians who never noticed your drone ... or was it a handheld? Never knew a fortifying wall could be so beautiful!

Yes this is the place where they found the stone soldiers aka Terracotta Warriors. I will be posting my next video on this soon.
I used the osmo pocket for the ground shots.

Very nice, I have been there 4 years ago, without a drone.
Next year I will go again.
How about flying drones in X‘ian and other places in China?
Any restrictions?

Xi'an is more relaxed for drones than Xinjiang Uighur Region and you got to register the drone in China too. Almost most places are drone restricted. Several times I got blocked for bringing the drone into the parks and have to leave the drone out before they let me in. If you ever get to fly the drone, always do it in a more secluded place away from security personnel.

Thank you, goog to know. Urumqui is very restricted. I was there several times in the last years, but without a drone.
Is the registration of the drone for the all country or only for certain districts?
And where to register? in advance from home at the china embassy?

Thank you, goog to know. Urumqui is very restricted. I was there several times in the last years, but without a drone.
Is the registration of the drone for the all country or only for certain districts?
And where to register? in advance from home at the china embassy?

The registration is for the whole country.
This is the web-site I use: 无人机实名登记系统

I have to get someone in China to set up an account before I could register my Mavic (this is the most difficult part as the sending of the verification code is restricted to a Chinese cell phone only).

Everything is in Chinese. I use google translate to go by when keying in the required info.
You could get a Chinese sim and register the drone when you're in China.

This web-link has good info: How to Fly and Register a Drone in China | Updated 2019 Regulations

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000