DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

...and now what really occurred.

Sjez

Reactions
A light aircraft collided with an object as it was approaching the runway and the media ran it as a drone strike. (What else would put the media into a scare frenzy?)
CASA inspectors (Aust FAA) being professional weren't so quick to jump to that conclusion and said that they'd do a careful forensic inspection and give their conclusion in due course. They just reminded drone pilots to use the CASA app and enjoy themselves by flying safe and within the guidelines.
The press of course still ran the line that it was a drone. What else could it have been to put such a dent into the wing? If it was a bird there would have been some blood. A drone makes better news.

So.. today, CASA presented their findings. DNA forensic evidence showed that the plane collided with a bat.

Interestingly, some locals had indicated that there were some bat sightings. Of course a plane hitting a drone makes for better news than a bat.

The Channel Ten News reported the findings but still ran with a picture of a drone. Are we at all surprised?
6004a054f64f2cb92e7b4bc07dcb4fd4.jpg

The pilot concludes it was drone since there is no blood stain on the aircraft's wing (where it hit) (indicating it is not a bird)
Then followed with a "drone is dangerous to manned aircraft said a person that wants to remain anonymous" cliche
To add fuel to our drone community, they didn't include any photo of the area where it got hit

Fake or not, fortunately i live in the area that wont be affected by any news of this kind

More of "the world is out to get drones" from the usual crowd.

Clawz, drones ARE dangerous to manned aircraft. You may think you are king of the skies with your little toy, but the truth is you are not a certificated airplane pilot and evidently quite clueless on aviation.
I hold an airplane pilot certificate as well as instrument and instructor ratings from the FAA.

More of "the world is out to get drones" from the usual crowd.

Clawz, drones ARE dangerous to manned aircraft. You may think you are king of the skies with your little toy, but the truth is you are not a certificated airplane pilot and evidently quite clueless on aviation.
I hold an airplane pilot certificate as well as instrument and instructor ratings from the FAA.
Yes i know that drone might cause a catastrophic accident for manned aircraft
What i mean about the "cliche" is, they didnt put any evidence there, might as well copy and paste from another web
What i feel when reading that news is like reading a testimony from a dieting product
No evidence, self-claim, exaggerated

And no i never thought myself as one
And i abide to my country drone law as the thing that i'm operating is a "dangerous toy"

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll