DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

And the Anomalies Continue

dvarapala

Reactions
Had another instance yesterday of the "Aircraft Disconnected" message in the Go 4 app where I still had control of the aircraft with the remote controller. After landing I unplugged/replugged the USB cable, then rebooted the phone, but still no connection. Finally I power-cycled the remote controller and was able to connect. I flew twice after that and everything appeared normal.

I recall reading somewhere that the USB cables that come with the controller are crap, so I have added both a micro-USB OTG cable (for the side port) and a type A to micro cable (for the bottom port) to my flight bag. The next time it happens I'll see if swapping cables has any effect. Stay tuned. :D

Reactions: Hbherring
Might be better if you start using the new cables for your next few flights. If a disconnection occurs, you'll know it's not the cables.

Reactions: dvarapala
may not be the same issue, but i have been getting a disconected message in djigo for months, almost every time i fire up djigo i see the camera for 1 second then i get the red warning disconected, i close the app and open it again by unplugging the cord from the bottotm then plug it in again, tried many cords, i dont think its a cord issue, i thought it went away as i didnt get it for a long time now its back and i hvent updated or done anyting different, just comes some times,,,,, not sure why, i usually have to start djjigo 3 times then it stays connected ,,,,,

may not be the same issue, but i have been getting a disconected message in djigo for months, almost every time i fire up djigo i see the camera for 1 second then i get the red warning disconected, i close the app and open it again by unplugging the cord from the bottotm then plug it in again, tried many cords, i dont think its a cord issue, i thought it went away as i didnt get it for a long time now its back and i hvent updated or done anyting different, just comes some times,,,,, not sure why, i usually have to start djjigo 3 times then it stays connected ,,,,,

You may have a firmware mismatch between the AC and the RC. Follow the procedure for using DJI Assistant-2 and it will tell you if there is mismatch that you can fix. Use the procedure that mounts each device to your computer individually Don't use the procedure for updating both at once.

DJI has a video on this on their YT channel.

Note: I merely correct the mismatch. I never "update" to the latest firmware -- I merely "refresh" my existing firmware. Others may advise updating to the latest version of the app and firmware. There are plenty of posts on this site re the controversy.

Note 2. You must follow the procedure in the video exactly as described for DJI Assistant 2 to work.

Reactions: Flycaster
Had another instance yesterday of the "Aircraft Disconnected" message in the Go 4 app where I still had control of the aircraft with the remote controller. After landing I unplugged/replugged the USB cable, then rebooted the phone, but still no connection. Finally I power-cycled the remote controller and was able to connect. I flew twice after that and everything appeared normal.

I recall reading somewhere that the USB cables that come with the controller are crap, so I have added both a micro-USB OTG cable (for the side port) and a type A to micro cable (for the bottom port) to my flight bag. The next time it happens I'll see if swapping cables has any effect. Stay tuned. :D

Try setting screen time out to never I use every Android that has 2gb ram no problems at all with disconnects now
Btw using stock cable

Try setting screen time out to never I use every Android that has 2gb ram no problems at all with disconnects now
Btw using stock cable
hmmm ill give that a go, i may have a mismatch on firwares etc but i am wayyyyy to scared to connect it to the internet,,,,,,,, took me forever to get what i have haha

I have this same issue with all my phones

Might be better if you start using the new cables for your next few flights. If a disconnection occurs, you'll know it's not the cables.

That's a good idea, I'm going to try that. Flew twice this afternoon using the Samsung USB cable that came with my phone; no issues. The experiment continues... :D

This may be a long shot, but did you see if the ports on the phone (and controller) are lint free? This turned out to be my issue as it built up enough to cause the issues, but charging the phone was fine. It was hard to see at first. I used one of those tiny dental brushes that Oral B I think makes for flossing and a old tooth brush to clean it out (I'm sure there is better ways to do it, this worked for me). If not lint build up it could be what others have suggested. I have had no disconnect issues with the 3 aircraft I fly after I cleaned it. (Mavic Pro, Air and Inspire 2).

Reactions: paulmike3
This may be a long shot, but did you see if the ports on the phone (and controller) are lint free? This turned out to be my issue as it built up enough to cause the issues, but charging the phone was fine. It was hard to see at first. I used one of those tiny dental brushes that Oral B I think makes for flossing and a old tooth brush to clean it out (I'm sure there is better ways to do it, this worked for me). If not lint build up it could be what others have suggested. I have had no disconnect issues with the 3 aircraft I fly after I cleaned it. (Mavic Pro, Air and Inspire 2).
awsome tip, im gonna check this right now

That's a good idea, I'm going to try that. Flew twice this afternoon using the Samsung USB cable that came with my phone; no issues. The experiment continues... :D

I'm currently experimenting as well with my android phone that has app disconnects here and there. My next experiment will probably be what I just advised you to do lol

Following up, I have been flying exclusively with the Samsung USB cable connected to the bottom port of the controller; so far no repeats of the anomalous disconnects.
Plus I noticed something else: when I went to recharge my controller, I saw that the connection was loose. If I move the controller at all after plugging in the charging cable, the "Charging" message goes away and the RC display goes blank. In order to charge my RC I have to very carefully wiggle the cable around in the socket until it starts to charge, and then be very careful not to touch it or move it in any way.

All of this leads me to suspect that a bad USB port is the root cause of my disconnection issues.

The experiments continue. :D

make sure you are using the correct charge cable for the remote. Note that the plug on the side of the controller IS NOT the same connector as most android phones use. It is a rectangle port wit the internal tab offset. the android type cables can be "wiggled in" but do not fit the charge port correctly, and will eventually ruin the rc connector.

Reactions: rtr32
I read that using a corrupt SD card or slow one could cause the DJI GO4 App to indicate that it “disconnected” My Mavic show the correct location on the map and I had full control of it minus the video feed. I swapped out SD cards and it worked. Hopefully that was the fix. I even tried different cables and iOS & Android systems trying to figure it out.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike