DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Android 11 Beta

TAC57

Reactions
DO NOT upgrade to Android 11 Beta. I've made the mistake and now I'm screwed in that DJI FLY will not run on my Pixel 3 XL.

Downgrading from Android 11 Beta back to 10 is a major pain (wipes your phone) so it looks like I won't be flying until DJI updates DJI Fly.

Does anyone have any suggestions on 3 party apps that would work with my Mavic Air 2?

Not on an app... but going to the CrystalSky eliminated this type of problem for me.
$499 + $89 for a mounting bracket is a bit steep to solve this problem.

The display looks very nice though. My Pixel 3 XL does get washed out in direct sunlight.

DO NOT upgrade to Android 11 Beta. I've made the mistake and now I'm screwed in that DJI FLY will not run on my Pixel 3 XL.

Does anyone have any suggestions on 3 party apps that would work with my Mavic Air 2?
It does not work with the final release for the Pixel 3XL either. I deleted all of the data and uninstalled both that and my DJI Mimo app for my Osmo 3 Mobile. Reinstalled both and only the Mimo app works.

It does not work with the final release for the Pixel 3XL either. I deleted all of the data and uninstalled both that and my DJI Mimo app for my Osmo 3 Mobile. Reinstalled both and only the Mimo app works.
Final release of Android 11? How can you be running the final release if Android 11 Beta just came out?

Final release of Android 11? How can you be running the final release if Android 11 Beta just came out?
Android 11 beta was released months ago. Yesterday was the official release day for production Android 11 on Pixel devices and a few other limited models from other vendors.

Reactions: dawgpilot
I just verified that DJI Go 4 also does not run on Android 11. Guess we will need to wait till DJI updates the app.

Android 11 beta was released months ago. Yesterday was the official release day for production Android 11 on Pixel devices and a few other limited models from other vendors.
So I'm not a complete idiot for installing a beta version on my phone! I would assume others did this months ago and would have complained to DJI. You'd think DJI might run the beta version to see if their app works, isn't that the intent?

So I'm not a complete idiot for installing a beta version on my phone! I would assume others did this months ago and would have complained to DJI. You'd think DJI might run the beta version to see if their app works, isn't that the intent?

You'd really think so, wouldn't you?

You pretty much want to avoid installing the Android and iOS betas on your daily driver phone. While most apps usually work in the beta versions, apps that get closer to the hardware, like the DJI apps are more likely to be impacted on API or permission changes.

You pretty much want to avoid installing the Android and iOS betas on your daily driver phone. While most apps usually work in the beta versions, apps that get closer to the hardware, like the DJI apps are more likely to be impacted on API or permission changes.

Perhaps, but this wasn't actually the Beta, but the final official release of Android 11.

Perhaps, but this wasn't actually the Beta, but the final official release of Android 11.
That's unfortunate. DJI should have been ready for this. I think I remember this happening before, a few years back with another version of Android. I wonder if Litchi has the same problem. DJI should be seeing crash logs on their end, but it wouldn't hurt to email [email protected] and report it.

On the Google's Pixel 3 XL Android 11 is no longer in beta, this is a production release! I guess DJI doesn't think a small vendor like Google really matters.

I would think a number of phone vendors won't be far behind in releasing Android 11, we'll have to see what DJI does then.

The current crop of Samsung phones will be getting Android 11. They announced it for the S20 and it's already out in beta. DJI will need to do something sooner or later.

It doesnt work on Pixel 2s either. Go4 just goes to a splash screen then dumps back to desktop.
It didn't work on the betas either but DJI seemingly havent bothered testing at all over the last few months. Will be an issue now as its being pushed out to a large number of users of Pixel 2 onwards from this week, the new 4a and 5s out this month and OnePlus etc are starting rollout.
(and yes, this is the final, production release not beta).

While it is true that DJI could have (should have?) been testing and been ready for Android 11, it is also understandable that many 3rd party apps will take some time to update when a new version of the OS is released. We as users take that chance if upgrading immediately after release. I updated my cell phone on the release date but I basically never use it for flying.

The tablets and phones which I do use for flying stay on tested and stable versions until I know that everything is compatible.

Other than DJI Go and DJI Go 4, everything else actually works quite well on Android 11.

While it is true that DJI could have (should have?) been testing and been ready for Android 11, it is also understandable that many 3rd party apps will take some time to update when a new version of the OS is released. We as users take that chance if upgrading immediately after release....
Since their products pretty much require Android or iOS, testing on the betas should have been part of their development plans. This is just poor planning on their part.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair