Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Android 12 Beta and Compatible DJI Fly App

Aerial-Pixel

Approved Vendor
Reactions
Site
www.aerial-pixel.com
If you recently updated to Android 12 Beta and found that none of DJI's apps work, you are not alone. I have been on DJI about this issue since the Developer Preview was released. Today they have finally released an Android 12 Beta version, get it HERE from DJI's download page, scroll down to "ANDROID 12 BETA" link toward the bottom. I think other apps will follow shortly like Go 4, Mimo etc.

Reactions: Cw4bray
If you recently updated to Android 12 Beta and found that none of DJI's apps work, you are not alone. I have been on DJI about this issue since the Developer Preview was released. Today they have finally released an Android 12 Beta version, get it HERE from DJI's download page, scroll down to "ANDROID 12 BETA" link toward the bottom. I think other apps will follow shortly like Go 4, Mimo etc.
Thanks for sharing the Android beta link.
I'm a beta for Android 12 on a pixel 3 AND it still wouldn't open the fly app... It turns out, I had to delete the original fly app. In the phone settings, before it would install the Android 12 app ? Edit: Successful flight with Android 12. .. but with all the new PreFlight checks checklists I spent 10% of the battery before getting airborne. The new checklist is about as lengthy as an old Boeing 747- 100 series checklist. Fortunately it can be ignored, and I'm sure once you were proficient with the checklist it would be short and smooth.

Last edited:
The download link does not work anymore :/
Does anyone have a working download link?
Thank you!

The download link does not work anymore :/
Does anyone have a working download link?
Thank you!
I used the link and it was fine. Once you go to the download on the DJI website scroll down to the apk. The last item there is an active link to the version you want.

So, is it working now in beta 12 (beta 2)? I've gone back to 11 because of that...

Last edited:
Since I usually run my 2 Pro on Tripletek, which is on Android 9, I didn't notice the Android 12 issue until I tried to connect DJI GO 4 on my Pixel 4a. The failure on my Pixel is as described. What's with DJI? We have had this problem with other Android updates.

I tried Litchi and it looks like it is running. I didn't try flying with Litchi so be cautious.

Back to my Tripletex running 9.

Reactions: Gagey52
I've tried the link with the APK file but my pixel 3xl not liking it . Am I the only one with that issue cause I can't make DJI fly app work on Android 12. Funny thing I just updated to a new computer for smooth editing and now I can't use my drone. Typical

I've tried the link with the APK file but my pixel 3xl not liking it . Am I the only one with that issue cause I can't make DJI fly app work on Android 12. Funny thing I just updated to a new computer for smooth editing and now I can't use my drone. Typical
You are not alone; I counted on mine to work today to capture our Harvester stuck in the mud in the field and no fly! android 12. a dji forum post suggests resintalling latest version fixes it, but mine only dwnlds 360 of 365mb file then gets stuck too so far. Damng!

As a newbie looking to buy my first drone, all this talk about android updates not being compatible is making me doubt if I'm doing the right thing. So before I part with my hard earned cash...can someone tell me if the Mini 2 is ok with android 9 please?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair