DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Android Go 4 app not connecting.

NickR

Reactions
Is anybody having issue connecting via Android phone to Go 4 ?

I dont have issue when I use my Ipad Mini 2.. but when I switch out to Android, I dont get a video ..
It shows Aircraft Disconnected.

On RC mode, the app comes up and I get Go Fly button... however, once in the app it shows aircraft disconnected and no video,

On Wifi mode, the app did not even give me Go Fly button at all,

I am also not getting the video feed via Litchi app on my Android phone either.. So look like it is not related to the Go 4 app.

I got a handheld mount for the Mavic the other day and was just trying out the Wifi connection to my phone and it was fine.
Not sure what happened..

Any thoughts ?

Sounds like a USB connection issue.

Try launching DJIGo4 app by USB association rather than the app icon.

This is what I do...

1) Close all other running apps on my Android phone
2) Connect phone end of RC USB lead to phone & mount phone in arms.
3) Power on RC
4) Phone screen on then connect other end of USB to RC

When this menu appears make the appropriate flight application selection..

upload_2018-3-28_7-42-11.png

In my case I always select "Just Once" so the choice does not become a default. If you are only using DJIGo4 for now I recommend selecting it and ALWAYS to make it the default

Then when the phone senses a USB connection to the RC, DJIGo4 will auto launch. This will result in the most robust USB connection between RC and the Android phone.

The standard method of connecting the cables and launching the DJIGo4 app using the icon sometimes causes problems wiht Android when there are other apps on your phone that could interact with the USB connection.

You might have one of a few phones which won't connect when you have Litchi installed as well as the app.
It's a bug really as it should just ask which to open with.
My Samsung S5 is the same, no issue with both on Nexus 7.
Try uninstalling Litchi I bet it will work.

Have not heard of that being an issue. Would have thought so long as Litchi was properly shutdown and not USB associated DJIGo4 should work fine.

On my first run with my new Samsung S9+ I had DGJGo4 in flight disconnect. IMO it was because I had been in and out of the Litchi app, prior to switching to DJIGo4. Had I have never opened Litchi first or had I launched DJIGo4 by USB association it would not have occurred. Subsequent to that single even I have reverted to USB launching my flight apps and have not had a single issue.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest