DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Android phones compatible with litchi

bdethy

Reactions
Hi all.
If you are satisfied with the couple Android phone/Litchi, could you tell me what is your phone. Litchi support only gives two or three models but I am not satisfied with them ...
Thanks in advance.
Bruno

Litchi works well for me on Google/Motorola Nexus 6, Sony Xperia XZ and Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (SM-T810), all three running Android 7.

Reactions: AdrianJH1
Huawei P9 and Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (2016) SM-T585 here.

You'll basically want something with a decent quad/octa-core CPU and 2 or 3GB of RAM.

Reactions: AdrianJH1
Litchi works well for me on Google/Motorola Nexus 6, Sony Xperia XZ and Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (SM-T810), all three running Android 7.
If been trying to get my new Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 working, along with quite a few others on YouTube, it doesn't connect to the Mavic. How did you get it working?

Runs fine on my Moto G 3rd Gen, and my Huawei Mate 9. I have a Galaxy TabPro 8.4 with Lineage OS 13 installed, and all the apps seem to clash and cause hangs every now and then, so I wouldn't recommend that...

LP

If been trying to get my new Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 working, along with quite a few others on YouTube, it doesn't connect to the Mavic. How did you get it working?
Connected from the very beginning under Android 6 until Android 7 without any problems. You are sure your device is SM-T810?

For Samsung tabs, try toggling USB Debug mode under Developer options.

I've been having less trouble with it turned off when using Litchi and DJI Go 4 (and switching between them).

Has anyone used samsung S8 plus with Litchi? I want it to use the VR function but dont want to spend $25 for something that does not work.

yes works fine for me on 3 inexpensive phones I have, an LG, a Huawei P9, and a Xioami, note 4.
I think the Huawei is my favorite, phone was 150 off Amazon, non get hot .
i think you could tell it not to charge phone in settings somewhere if needed, believe Ive seen it

My LG V20 is horrible. Phone gets very hot then lags and crashes app. Not too fun when my mavic is 1/4 mile away behind a tree line.

yes works fine for me on 3 inexpensive phones I have, an LG, a Huawei P9, and a Xioami, note 4.
I think the Huawei is my favorite, phone was 150 off Amazon, non get hot .
i think you could tell it not to charge phone in settings somewhere if needed, believe Ive seen it
Thanks for your reply: I have a Samsung Note 4. you mentioned you used the same... no problems. My video feed is getting
scrambled / pixceled ... applicate you input

litchi is awsome, works good on low spec phones, i use it on a sony z2 and a blu amazon cheap phone and samsung older tablet, all 3 work great with litchi, dji struggles on the blu and samsung tablet but litchi is good

Reactions: ksmusa
Anyone using a Xiaomi Mi Max 2?
I bought it because of the 6.44" screen. Running Litchi on it was great, big screen, bright etc.
But it ran only one time. I never could get Litchi to run again on that great Mi Max 2. I tried several options without any luck.
Anyone better experiences?

Edit (April 2):
No reaction so far but maybe someone will use the same Mi Max 2 in the future.

I rooted the phone and now Litchi runs fine.
I also installed the app "Disable Battery Charging" and now my RC is not charging the phone.
GREAT, i'm happy with the result!

Last edited:
Reactions: EsiMavic
Hi I am new to the Form and dji drones. I bought a mavic from a guy that got a mavic pro as a gift for his photography. But did not know about all the problems with Phones to see the video. So I am looking for something to help. it is hard to video something when you can not see what you are filming. I have read about this Litchi you are talking about and I would not mind paying for it if it works on my Moto z 2 Play. I can run the dji ap fine but it will not hook up to my phone. Can anyone tell me if they have used a Moto Z with this app. unless I can run it and download it to try it. before I put more money into this hobby instead of just paying off my phone and upgrading to somethin that works

Hi I am new to the Form and dji drones. I bought a mavic from a guy that got a mavic pro as a gift for his photography. But did not know about all the problems with Phones to see the video. So I am looking for something to help. it is hard to video something when you can not see what you are filming. I have read about this Litchi you are talking about and I would not mind paying for it if it works on my Moto z 2 Play. I can run the dji ap fine but it will not hook up to my phone. Can anyone tell me if they have used a Moto Z with this app. unless I can run it and download it to try it. before I put more money into this hobby instead of just paying off my phone and upgrading to somethin that works

Wait until your controller is connected to the Mavic and THEN plug in the phone. It should ask whether you want to use the DJI Go App. or Litchi, and JUST ONCE, or ALWAYS. Carefully pick Litchi, and ALWAYS. That should do it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest