DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Android tablet for GO4 app

RobotBee

Reactions
Please can some people tell me which tablets they're using which work well with the Go4 app?

Android only please.

Thank you

Amazon Fire 8"
First you need to download these APK's (APP Package) from 'apkmirror.com' onto your PC. Then connect the Amazon Fire and drag the files onto the tablet, think onto SD Card best. Open your file explorer on the tablet and find the APK's and click on in the correct order to install. Once they're all installed the Google Play Store will show on the home screen. Once you've signed in you'll be able to download any Google App you want. If you download the 'Nova Launcher Prime' from the Play Store you can also make the Amazon Tablet look and work similar to an Android Tablet. I uninstalled or disabled all the Amazon Apps I could and just use the Tablet for my Drones and Drone related Apps. I use this tablet in the normal way with DJI Phantom 3A, Mavic Air and the Parrot DISCO with no problem and the battery on the Fire 8" is long lasting. The brightness is very good and I use a modified sun shade which works very well. Hope this helps - I would highly recommend the Amazon Fire 8".

APK's:
1.com.google.android.gsf.login_5.1-1743759-22_minAPI21(nodpi)_apkmirror.com
2.com.google.android.gsf_5.1-1743759-22_minAPI22(nodpi)_apkmirror.com
3.com.google.android.gms_11.5.09_(230-164803921)-11509230_minAPI21(armeabi-v7a)(nodpi)_apkmirror.com
4.com.android.vending_8.3.41.U-all_0_FP_170066753-80834100_minAPI14(armeabi-v7a)(240,320,480dpi)_apkmirror.com

Amazon Fire 8"
First you need to download these APK's (APP Package) from 'apkmirror.com' onto your PC. Then connect the Amazon Fire and drag the files onto the tablet, think onto SD Card best. Open your file explorer on the tablet and find the APK's and click on in the correct order to install. Once they're all installed the Google Play Store will show on the home screen. Once you've signed in you'll be able to download any Google App you want. If you download the 'Nova Launcher Prime' from the Play Store you can also make the Amazon Tablet look and work similar to an Android Tablet. I uninstalled or disabled all the Amazon Apps I could and just use the Tablet for my Drones and Drone related Apps. I use this tablet in the normal way with DJI Phantom 3A, Mavic Air and the Parrot DISCO with no problem and the battery on the Fire 8" is long lasting. The brightness is very good and I use a modified sun shade which works very well. Hope this helps - I would highly recommend the Amazon Fire 8".

APK's:
3.com.google.android.gms_11.5.09_(230-164803921)-11509230_minAPI21(armeabi-v7a)(nodpi)_apkmirror.com
4.com.android.vending_8.3.41.U-all_0_FP_170066753-80834100_minAPI14(armeabi-v7a)(240,320,480dpi)_apkmirror.com

Thanks a lot

Personally, I've had excellent luck with my current tablet, a Galaxy Tab A 10.1". I briefly tried a fancier tablet (I think it was a Galaxy Tab S2 or S3) and had a number of problems with it specific to drone flying so I returned it. Nice that the cheaper Tab A turned out to be the winner.

I also tried an Amazon Fire 8", and I don't think the processor was up to the task. Maybe I just have a bit of a dud but sometimes the screen would just freeze or go black for about 10 seconds, disconcerting while mid-flight. Screen doesn't get very bright either.

I have a 2016 Amazon Fire HD8 with no issues running Go4 with my MP1

There's a list of devices compiled from user feedback is available here:

I originally planned an Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 which fits within the controller arms and seemed a decent tablet for the price but with it being grey import it's more difficult to get a hold of and after a few suppliers let me down I gave up on it. Instead I went for a Galaxy Tab S3 10in which is the older model now and a bit cheaper with a decent spec including an OLED screen, 3.5mm port, expandable storage and LTE. I've had no issues using it for DJI Go 4 and a Mavic Pro 2 plus it's a nice tablet to use for general activities.

Please can some people tell me which tablets they're using which work well with the Go4 app?

Android only please.

Thank you
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S5E is solid; has an AMOLED very bright screen usable in daylight. Has lots of ram and memory space and a microsd slot. $339 - $459 depending on memory configuration. Works greaat with DJI Go 4 app.

Reactions: LivinLarge
Now we'll see how they all do with Fly.
There are other topics for Fly, so let's stick to Go on this one.

Personally, I've had excellent luck with my current tablet, a Galaxy Tab A 10.1". I briefly tried a fancier tablet (I think it was a Galaxy Tab S2 or S3) and had a number of problems with it specific to drone flying so I returned it. Nice that the cheaper Tab A turned out to be the winner.

I also tried an Amazon Fire 8", and I don't think the processor was up to the task. Maybe I just have a bit of a dud but sometimes the screen would just freeze or go black for about 10 seconds, disconcerting while mid-flight. Screen doesn't get very bright either.
Are you using 16 or 32 GIG. Is 16 sufficient?

Amazon Fire 8"

APK's:
Hi. I recently tried to do the same for my 7th Gen 2017 Fire HD8. If I install go 4.3.25 the app would not launch properly. It will just start for 2 seconds and not able to proceed to download the additional files for the first time. I then used apkmirror to download 4.3.24 and it worked fine. I'm wondering did you manage to install the latest DJI Go 4.3.25, is there anything I'm not doing. By the way I flew my mavic air with the tablet on 4.3.24 with no problem.

Hi. I recently tried to do the same for my 7th Gen 2017 Fire HD8. If I install go 4.3.25 the app would not launch properly. It will just start for 2 seconds and not able to proceed to download the additional files for the first time. I then used apkmirror to download 4.3.24 and it worked fine. I'm wondering did you manage to install the latest DJI Go 4.3.25, is there anything I'm not doing. By the way I flew my mavic air with the tablet on 4.3.24 with no problem.
Hello lee82gk, I just installed, less than 1 hour ago, DJI GO 4 Version 4.3.25 (2 Oct 19) with no problem at all. Are you using Google Play on your Amazon Fire HD8 for the update? Don't think it's best to use apkmirror for the DJI GO 4 App, you only need apkmirror to install Google Play then use this for all your downloads and updates. If I was you I'd uninstall DJI GO 4 App use a file cleaner such as SD Maid to get rid of all the rubbish, then restart your tablet, then install DJI GO 4 again via Google Play. Don't forget to disable/uninstall all the Amazon apps you don't need. Let me know if this helps and happy Xmas.

Last edited:
Hello lee82gk, I just installed, less than 1 hour ago, DJI GO 4 Version 4.3.25 (2 Oct 19) with no problem at all. Are you using Google Play on your Amazon Fire HD8 for the update? Don't think it's best to use apkmirror for the DJI GO 4 App, you only need apkmirror to install Google Play then use this for all your downloads and updates. If I was you I'd uninstall DJI GO 4 App use a file cleaner such as SD Maid to get rid of all the rubbish, then restart your tablet, then install DJI GO 4 again via Google Play. Don't forget to disable/uninstall all the Amazon apps you don't need. Let me know if this helps and happy Xmas.
Merry Christmas to you too Dave Phantom. I had to use apkmirror because the latest version 4.3.25 would not install, so on a hunch I tried an older version. Are you having the 2018 version (Fire os / Android 6) or 2017 version (fire os / android 5)?

Merry Christmas to you too Dave Phantom. I had to use apkmirror because the latest version 4.3.25 would not install, so on a hunch I tried an older version. Are you having the 2018 version (Fire os / Android 6) or 2017 version (fire os / android 5)?
Hello lee82gk, My Amazon Fire HD8 is 8th Generation OS 6.3.0.1, 2019 version - I think, but can't understand why the latest DJI GO 4 won't install on your version too, it should work fine! Have you tried uninstalling DJI GO 4 AND deleting the APK Downloaded file, then downloading DJI GO 4 App via Google Play.

Last edited:
Hello lee82gk, My Amazon Fire HD8 is 8th Generation OS 6.3.0.1, 2019 version - I think, but can't understand why the latest DJI GO 4 won't install on your version too, it should work fine! Have you tried uninstalling DJI GO 4 AND deleting the APK Downloaded file, then downloading DJI GO 4 App via Google Play.
Hi Dave Phantom, tried multiple times with no luck, I even deleted the folders etc. Stuck with 4.3.24 via side loading.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tariqstudio