DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Android tablet

If you are planning on buying a tablet for exclusive use, I saw a YouTube video where the speaker compared all the tablets. Although I am an Android guy and use a Samsung Tab E myself (I already owned it), the speaker said in his experience Apple tablets tend to be a little more reliable.

If you are planning on buying a tablet for exclusive use, I saw a YouTube video where the speaker compared all the tablets. Although I am an Android guy and use a Samsung Tab E myself (I already owned it), the speaker said in his experience Apple tablets tend to be a little more reliable.
He's only repeating a common myth that is not true at all.
A good flying tablet is a good flying tablet regardless of its operating system.

He's only repeating a common myth that is not true at all.
A good flying tablet is a good flying tablet regardless of its operating system.
Don't get me wrong; I despise Apple products because of their heavy-handed management style. Just repeating what I saw from someone who, unlike myself, has had experience with different tablets. I only have experience with my own. I will say I followed his advice and improved my tablet performance with his tips. As a second comment, it's my understanding Apple tablets allow you to turn off the USB drain from your controller, and in Android you cannot.

You've had luck with a Tab E? That was my first tablet I used with my P3 and last year my M2Z. It was nothing but trouble for me. Almost always had to reboot it to get the Go app to be able to grab the USB connection. If I mistimed it, something on it would block the USB connection. App would freeze up and crash often too.
Not long after getting the M2 I got fed up and bought a Tab S3 which was like night and day compared to the E.

You've had luck with a Tab E? That was my first tablet I used with my P3 and last year my M2Z. It was nothing but trouble for me. Almost always had to reboot it to get the Go app to be able to grab the USB connection. If I mistimed it, something on it would block the USB connection. App would freeze up and crash often too.
Not long after getting the M2 I got fed up and bought a Tab S3 which was like night and day compared to the E.
I removed most everything off it and it's passable now. Loaded like a typical tablet yes, it was unusable. Nothing as severe as you described though.

Even fresh out of the box it was impossible for me. I suspect Samsung has a security feature that considers the app protocol as a threat.
A custom ROM might work.
Also found it did not have a compass so map and attitude indicator can't show views relative to how I am facing, only North Up.

Even fresh out of the box it was impossible for me. I suspect Samsung has a security feature that considers the app protocol as a threat.
A custom ROM might work.
Also found it did not have a compass so map and attitude indicator can't show views relative to how I am facing, only North Up.
I noticed no compass as well. Now I know it's the tablet.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest