DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Android use and NOT Iphone

Chip D

Reactions
Is it just my imagination, or does every single person that has the Mavic Pro also have an Iphone? The reason I ask is since I have one on order (Oct 26th B&H), I'm wondering if I also have to purchase an extra dumb phone as I'd never activate it.

Or is it just that alla the people in the US that have received the Mavic's, live on the West Coast where they only sell Iphone's???? With the exception of Casey Neistat of course.

Seriously (I rarely am), has anyone used the DJI MP software with an Android?

Chip

I use a Samsung Edge S7 with my Mavic Pro.

Reactions: James Maskell
i have an android phone
it works ;-)
in my experience there is more latency than on iOS devices though its not too bad at all.
Rendering will depend on processor and available ram too. What phone do you have? I'm using a Note 4 and only have the DJI Go app installed. Latency is very low for me.

Ill be using mine with a samsung S6 Edge ... ( when it arrives ) :)

Are you S7 Edge users on the latest firmware with the security patches applied??
My S7 Edge is on the latest and hatest firmware and does random reboots with the Go App 2.8.3, 2.8.4, 3.0.0, 3.0.1 when flying with my P3A.
If you are guys are using an S7 edge with the latest firmware and latest Go app and its all working, then there is some proof that the GO app maybe buggy and maybe not Samsung's issue.

Rendering will depend on processor and available ram too. What phone do you have? I'm using a Note 4 and only have the DJI Go app installed. Latency is very low for me.

i've a z3 compact - snapdragon 801 (note 4 would be a snapdragon 805 if US version). not a huge diff i think. latency is definitely not bad, just not as low as on an ipad i tried it on (ipad mini 2). for slow flying it makes almost no difference, but i kinda like the lower latency.
I'm probably switching to an S7 which should improve that though.

Are you S7 Edge users on the latest firmware with the security patches applied??
My S7 Edge is on the latest and hatest firmware and does random reboots with the Go App 2.8.3, 2.8.4, 3.0.0, 3.0.1 when flying with my P3A.
If you are guys are using an S7 edge with the latest firmware and latest Go app and its all working, then there is some proof that the GO app maybe buggy and maybe not Samsung's issue.

Mine is fully uptodate and I've not experienced a problem with DJI GO. The only difference from the standard is I'm using the Novo Launcher.

i am on the fence about trying the nvidia shield..bigger screen and hdmi output but since im on ios i really want a screen record function..cant get that with apple!

i am on the fence about trying the nvidia shield..bigger screen and hdmi output but since im on ios i really want a screen record function..cant get that with apple!

The Litchi app should give you screen recording when it's updated/released for Mavic. I don't know why DJI doesn't have that option on DJI Go app. That's one of the main reasons I'll choose to fly with Litchi over the Go app with my Phantom 4.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: Mavic_Man504
i have an android phone
it works ;-)
in my experience there is more latency than on iOS devices though its not too bad at all.
Well that is encouraging - I guess. Currently have a PH3 Pro and use it with Litchi and a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4, and that works great. But I'm pretty sure that the Tab 4 may be too large for the holder. I guess we'll see when/if the Mavic Pro comes in.
Chip

yes nobody getting their mavics is hurting development too...i plunked down for the shield for the screen recording and the hdmi output. litchi will probably release an upadte tomorrow

I haven't received my mavic yet, however I will be using an ASUS zenphone 3. Hopefully it will work ok as it is an android phone. Anyone else using an ASUS?

Been using an s6 and the only issues I have are that it takes about 30 seconds to sync and two of the active track modes are not showing up. Anyone else having these issues?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll