DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

android...

antonio

Reactions
is it possible fly a mavic with a Samsung note???

i saw a youtube video that says only iphone 5 to up could be used as remot controller

Yes, the Samsung Galaxy Notes will fit into the Mavic remote controller. You'll most likely have to use it without a case though. The remote controller can only hold devices that have a thickness between 0.25-0.33 inches.

thanx a lot to let me be sure of it.

but actually i have 1 more question: there is any difference between a prototype Mavic pro shipped from England earlier (a friend of mine should receive it tomorrow or the day after) and the other shipped from the main factory at first week of november??

No clue. No one has a production model as of yet. At least, none that are sharing any info.

I picked up an Acer Iconia One 7 today for $ 65 bucks Canadian just to try it out. Works like a charm (only done initial testing/flying at this point) and fits in the clamps with no magic or adapters. The USB cable coming out the side is a bit awkward for grip so I am going to pick one up that has a 90 head on it and then it will be perfect. I wanted a dedicated controller screen for the MAVVIE to prevent me from having to pull my iPhone 6 in and out of the case and gonging away as emails and texts came in and the screen on this baby is WAY bigger than the iPhone 6.

So far it is 100% and for $ 65 bucks I could not resist trying. So far..... perfect.

Reactions: nomi
I picked up an Acer Iconia One 7 today for $ 65 bucks Canadian just to try it out. Works like a charm (only done initial testing/flying at this point) and fits in the clamps with no magic or adapters. The USB cable coming out the side is a bit awkward for grip so I am going to pick one up that has a 90 head on it and then it will be perfect. I wanted a dedicated controller screen for the MAVVIE to prevent me from having to pull my iPhone 6 in and out of the case and gonging away as emails and texts came in and the screen on this baby is WAY bigger than the iPhone 6.

So far it is 100% and for $ 65 bucks I could not resist trying. So far..... perfect.
But I guess you cannot use Follow Me or reset home point on the fly as no GPS?

But I guess you cannot use Follow Me or reset home point on the fly as no GPS?
That's correct since it's a Wi-Fi only device. You could still reset the home point to the Mavic's current position on the fly though.

Do you have the HD model? It looks like there are a few models.

That's correct since it's a Wi-Fi only device. You could still reset the home point to the Mavic's current position on the fly though.
Will a Samsung Galaxy Tab S work and I would use my iPhone as a hot spot for cellular service.

Are you using your iPhone as a hot spot to the tablet?

No. not sure why I would need a cell connection ?

Flying a Mavic Pro with an Acer Iconia One 7" tablet running latest Android OS

Oh sure, I will use my iPhone hotspot for updates

Flying a Mavic Pro with an Acer Iconia One 7" tablet running latest Android OS

Acer Iconia One 7 B1-770 A5007 Cheap tablet to fly with DJI GO 4 app.

I bought this tablet for my Mavic Pro and i can confirm that it does have its own gps. This tablet fits in Mavic controller. Here is link for its manual and go to page 51 for specs.
http://www.argos-support.co.uk/uploads/5058882_D0011.pdf?direct
Here is the link if you want to buy it from Argos.
Buy Acer Iconia One 7 Inch 16GB Tablet at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for Tablets, iPad, tablets and E-readers, Technology.

Its very cheap tablet and works fine with DJI GO 4 (new) app. Price only £50 for UK. In USA may be 65$.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters