DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anit collision lights

DEads

Reactions
Hello, I am very new to drones and recently got a Mavic Air 2 and I am looking into some flying later in the evening and am wondering if anyone here uses anti collision lighting and if so what ones?

Thanks!

Aerial Pixel, Firehouse technology, Lume cube as well as Amazon have a few different options that will fit MA2. I recommend getting mounts for them on Aerial Pixel or Etsy. The 3M tape or Velcro will not hold in the event of a crash.

I have a firehouse white strobe on rear lag and white and green on front legs. I can easily tell orientation.

I use the mounts and not the tape. Made to be see for 3 Miles. I could never see drone at that distance without.

ARC XLs in Aerial Pixel mounts is my fave still, especially with the “crash” alarm. Vids posted elsewhere.

Reactions: Capt KO
I like my Firehouse Arc Vs

From the video, I am glad I went with the Polar Pro version. i could barely see this one at 1000 ft and I could see the Polar Pro for several thousand feet. Maybe in real life the Firehouse V performs better then the video showed. Was about to order one to try but now I will wait.

From the video, I am glad I went with the Polar Pro version. i could barely see this one at 1000 ft and I could see the Polar Pro for several thousand feet. Maybe in real life the Firehouse V performs better then the video showed. Was about to order one to try but now I will wait.

Unfortunately the video does not do justice to the actual brightness. They are easliy visible by eye, but my poor iPhone just didn't get the best footage. Also, this was shot about 2 hours before sunset. I have not bothered to get a waiver for a night flight to check them out. This is the video I based my decision on:

Very good video. Thank you.
i didn’t think you needed a waiver to fly at night and don’t have a part 107 and fly recreationall.

Very good video. Thank you.
i didn’t think you needed a waiver to fly at night and don’t have a part 107 and fly recreationall.

I am Part 107 certified, and while the video isn't monetized it might be some day. Or I might use it on my website at some point.

I am Part 107 certified, and while the video isn't monetized it might be some day. Or I might use it on my website at some point.
but your intent wasn't monetary when filming and my understanding is it is excluded??? so like if i shot a video now for fun, then a year later sell it even though i had no intention now.

but your intent wasn't monetary when filming and my understanding is it is excluded??? so like if i shot a video now for fun, then a year later sell it even though i had no intention now.

You are correct, but I was in the Army and I worked for the feds for a while after. I'm not one to give them the opportunity to claim I screwed up and then have to fight them. I'm cautious by nature when it comes to the government, having been burnt multiple times before. YMMV and all that. Maybe I'll do a night flight and make the video private for forum members only.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98