DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

annoying beep

bvsolutions

Reactions
Has DJI addresses the annoying beep that accompanies RTH?
Or.. has anyone found how to silence it?

There is no way to silence it -- unless you want to disconnect the speaker inside of the remote controller.

The argument is that RTH is a last resort type of operation, and not something intended to be used routinely. DJI has a nasty tendency to force us to use the Mavic their way, rather than give us an option to turn off the beep, for example. I don't mind about this one though, its more fun to land manually.

They addressed it. And apparently decided to leave it there. [emoji4]
It does make one feel like something is about to go horribly wrong though.

Is the sound there to warn the pilot or everyone around you? because I can still hear the beep if it was half as loud. It's so loud, making people around me think I'm doing something bad, or something is about to go down.

Has DJI addresses the annoying beep that accompanies RTH?
Or.. has anyone found how to silence it?

Don't know if it's moi, but I think it sounds cool when you look at the Mavic returning to home when other people are wondering what's going on around you. Maybe I should have another beer or 2.:D

There's a way to get rid of the beeps, here's a proof-of-concept:

Jan Dumon on Twitter

No hardware mod, no 'jailbreaking', it's a patched firmware image for the microcontroller managing the LCD & speaker which can be flashed independently.

I put a hot pin through back of remote into speaker, can still hear but barely.

Don't know if it's moi, but I think it sounds cool when you look at the Mavic returning to home when other people are wondering what's going on around you. Maybe I should have another beer or 2.:D

Yea that's just 'toi'. People don't really like drones in general and I try to remain as discreet as possible when flying in urban areas.

Yea that's just 'toi'. People don't really like drones in general and I try to remain as discreet as possible when flying in urban areas.

I fly in non urban places so I don't have the problem as you have stated.

I don't care who else hears it, it drives me crazy, wouldn't be bad if it was every 20 sec
or so.

I don't know of any way to disable it beyond, as already mentioned, removing the speaker. Somebody on YT replaced it with a red LED on the front - same warning, without the noise.

I do like the light idea, at that point you could even put it on a switch, to turn off after you've been warned.

About the only time I use RTH is when I'm showing off the Mavic's capabilities to a friend. Otherwise, I enjoy landing it myself, trying to be as accurate as it is.
The beeping doesn't really bother me - just part of the experience, in my opinion.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada