DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another (Admin Edited) Tablet Question

petes

Reactions
So my 140 lb puppy just destroyed my Galaxy Tab 5e and since I am going out West in a couple of weeks I am gonna need a new screen for the M2P
I was just at best buy looking and the wife will castrate me if I dump that much coin before a 2 week vacation
So I wondering can I use an Amazon Fire HD tablet instead?
At $89.00, that should only get me a slap to the junk instead of total castration

If it has a 64-bit Android OS and suffcient RAM, it may work, but I have never heard of anyone successfully using an Amazon Fire tablet as an intereface (but then, I don't get out much). I just bought a practically new Samsung Galaxy Tab A (2020 model) yesterday for someone on FB marketplace for $90. It's gonna be perfect.

Why not buy the most expensive one you can find and then just return it after your holiday? Wear a cup though, when you head out to buy it and during your holiday, just in case! We all know how a whack to the jewels can spoil a good day.

Reactions: JohnnyD913
So my 140 lb puppy just destroyed my Galaxy Tab 5e and since I am going out West in a couple of weeks I am gonna need a new screen for the M2P
I was just at best buy looking and the wife will castrate me if I dump that much coin before a 2 week vacation
At $89.00, that should only get me a slap to the junk instead of total castration
Get a good tablet (preferably a Tripltec).... You won't regret it later...

It's easier to beg for forgiveness (and mercy) than it is to get permission...

Last edited:
Reactions: MA2 317
I have an old Amazon fire HD, but the newer ones are probably much faster. It is basically a n android tablet. Mine does not have the google playstore to purchase apps, but it does have the Amazon Appstore which has pretty much the same apps available for download. By the way, the DJI smart controller also only has the Amazon Appstore on it for downloading apps. As others have mentioned, to use the dji fly app I believe it has to be a 64 bit operating system. The current new Fire HD might be, but it might be good to check out before purchasing. The Go4 app will work on the 32 bit system.

I think you will find the Fire tablet to be a major letdown. They are slow and clunky and their main purpose is is for reading and web browsing.

I think I am going the Galaxy A7 Lite route only $149.00 for 64 gig and no sales tax this week in Florida for tablets
The wifey is just gonna have to live with it

The wifey is just gonna have to live with it
I noticed you looked over your shoulder before you typed that...

• Haha
Reactions: Papa Beach
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent