DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another Christmas noob reporting for duty! (Essex / London UK)

ThePaulius

Reactions
Hi all,

MP Platinum for Christmas... bought it in September arrived in 5 days (i was determined to give myself that 5 year old child's scream of excitement of Christmas morning) and watched youtube videos 24/7 which gave me a fantastic headstart on settings.. also chronic frustration!

I'm a whopping 3 flights in now all in high winds (raining all other days...) at one point the drone was nearly hovering at 45 degrees... amazing technology!

Thinking of going out again today and have downloaded AirMap and DroneAssist not sure which to believe.. also want a tracker... oh and new ipad so it works with the app!

So much to do so little time haha

To infinity (<400ft) and beyond (<500m)!

Paul

Just about to buy one of these bad boys - so share your newb finds, as i'll be glad to hear (i am also youtube vidding 24/7)

Reactions: ThePaulius
Merry Christmas!
Congratulations on your new toy!
I've had mine for about 3 weeks now and you're 3 flights ahead of me! LOL
It turns out that I can't even fly mine inside the house. I just wanted to start it up... you know.... just watch it go for a few seconds. But NOOoooooo.... The controller said "In NFZ". It won't even let me turn the props!
I too have been reading & watching stuff online.
Michael~

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Hi all,

MP Platinum for Christmas... bought it in September arrived in 5 days (i was determined to give myself that 5 year old child's scream of excitement of Christmas morning) and watched youtube videos 24/7 which gave me a fantastic headstart on settings.. also chronic frustration!

I'm a whopping 3 flights in now all in high winds (raining all other days...) at one point the drone was nearly hovering at 45 degrees... amazing technology!

Thinking of going out again today and have downloaded AirMap and DroneAssist not sure which to believe.. also want a tracker... oh and new ipad so it works with the app!

So much to do so little time haha

To infinity (<400ft) and beyond (<500m)!

Paul
Howdy from Wyoming @ThePaulius, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Merry Christmas!
Congratulations on your new toy!
I've had mine for about 3 weeks now and you're 3 flights ahead of me! LOL
It turns out that I can't even fly mine inside the house. I just wanted to start it up... you know.... just watch it go for a few seconds. But NOOoooooo.... The controller said "In NFZ". It won't even let me turn the props!
I too have been reading & watching stuff online.
Michael~
Ha! I didn't know it would know that - unless you live next to an airport NFZ haha

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots