DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another dumb...ehm noob pilot from Switzerland

Reactions
Hi everybody,
I got Epiphany present a brand new mavic pro platinum!! :D
My first flight today was horrible:
auto takeoff --> wind and difficult stability during hover --> auto landed .. is better to wait few days I guess and not get anything broken! I also tried to takeoff in house but there is no GPS and in beginner mode is not allowed..LOL

I can't flight right now so I have few dumb questions:
1. Which fw is better to use RC and Aircraft?
2. What are your suggestion for ND/protection filters and why?

Thank you!

Reactions: dirkclod
Answer to question #1- Always try to use the most recent Firmware and software

Reactions: dfrancos
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Which fw is better to use RC and Aircraft?
I like to fly with the latest available firmware after it's known to be stable. By that, I mean I wait a few days after a new release to see if anyone reports issues after installing new firmware updates.

What are your suggestion for ND/protection filters and why?
I like these filter brands. Why? Because I've tried them and I know they are made well.

Reactions: #28
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

FYI, if you fly indoors, there is a 90% chance you are going to crash, whether you're a noob or an experienced pilot.
Just don't fly indoors unless you have a backup Mavic you're dying to use. (Okay, MAYBE if you HAVE to fly inside a huge warehouse for a paying job AND you have good insurance).

I have always used the latest firmware on the aircraft, the RC and the goggles, and always used the latest version of the software (DJI GO 4). I have never had any problems, and my mavic turns 1 year old this week. (300+ flights)

I use the Neewer filters and they work great and are reasonably priced.

The only problem I've ever had is underestimating the stopping distance when I was flying full-speed in sport mode. Luckily I always keep a backup set of props. NOTE: Your mavic WILL come to a complete stop if you're flying 40mph and you just let go of the sticks: but it takes about 30 yards. Learned the hard way.

Have fun and record EVERYTHING!

Welcome to the Mavic family! Fly safe and have fun!

Hi everybody,
I got Epiphany present a brand new mavic pro platinum!! :D
My first flight today was horrible:
auto takeoff --> wind and difficult stability during hover --> auto landed .. is better to wait few days I guess and not get anything broken! I also tried to takeoff in house but there is no GPS and in beginner mode is not allowed..LOL

I can't flight right now so I have few dumb questions:
1. Which fw is better to use RC and Aircraft?
2. What are your suggestion for ND/protection filters and why?

Thank you!
Howdy from Wyoming @#28 , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore