DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another G'day from Australia...

Atkas

Reactions
Hey all,
Not new to drones and aviation, just the forum. Have lurked around various forums and this one seems to be quite useful and friendly.
My background - Australian Air Force veteran - 21 years - aerospace engineering - now retired
Hold my RePL - sub 25kg
Have flown all things possible since I could hold an RC Tx, about 35 years ago, but for quite some time now my focus has been multi-rotors due to my other love; photography.

Currently flying -
- Mavic Pro (1st DJI drone, sentimental attachment plus carries my Insta360 One X and Lume Cube lighting system)
- Phantom 4 Pro (mainly mapping due to the dreaded Phantom gimbal issue I can't resolve)
- Inspire 1 RAW with X5R and various lenses (absolute weapon but time consuming setup)
- Mavic 3 (love this airframe)

Also starting to dabble heavily in the video editing world which the Mavic 3 has dragged me more into. Previously really focussed (pardon the pun) on stills, panos, and 360s.
Very much looking forward to learning more and sharing what I can with you all. Also happy to catch up with those in the area of SE QLD.

Cheers
Troy

Welcome to the forum from the Northern Territory.
Regards
Cheers mate. Your location brings back memories. Served two postings in the NT...Tindal and Darwin. Managed to see quite a bit of that top end country, and also across through the top of WA.
Thanks for the welcome.

Welcome to the forum Troy.
A good range of drones you have on hand.

This place does buck the trend of forums in decline, that's for sure.
Social media drone groups are nowhere near as good as this forum.
Thanks MSOz
I'm a bit old school in that regard, I shut down any sort of social media account I had more than 10 years ago without regret. I'm more than happy to support good people sharing good info in good forums.
Cheers
Troy

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Hello from the Crossroads of America Atkas.

Nice to meet you Troy. 🤝

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Cheers mate. Your location brings back memories. Served two postings in the NT...Tindal and Darwin. Managed to see quite a bit of that top end country, and also across through the top of WA.
Thanks for the welcome.
My wife was a RAAF brat, interestingly her father ended his career as caretaker of old Tindal. Had a photo of him signing it back to the RAAF before they commenced building the new base.
Regards

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum! Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum from the dry lakeless hills of Lake City FL. An irony... I know. If lakes grew here as much as your knowledge will, Lake City would become an ocean. ;)

Welcome again!

Hey all,
Not new to drones and aviation, just the forum. Have lurked around various forums and this one seems to be quite useful and friendly.
My background - Australian Air Force veteran - 21 years - aerospace engineering - now retired
Hold my RePL - sub 25kg
Have flown all things possible since I could hold an RC Tx, about 35 years ago, but for quite some time now my focus has been multi-rotors due to my other love; photography.

Currently flying -
- Mavic Pro (1st DJI drone, sentimental attachment plus carries my Insta360 One X and Lume Cube lighting system)
- Phantom 4 Pro (mainly mapping due to the dreaded Phantom gimbal issue I can't resolve)
- Inspire 1 RAW with X5R and various lenses (absolute weapon but time consuming setup)
- Mavic 3 (love this airframe)

Also starting to dabble heavily in the video editing world which the Mavic 3 has dragged me more into. Previously really focussed (pardon the pun) on stills, panos, and 360s.
Very much looking forward to learning more and sharing what I can with you all. Also happy to catch up with those in the area of SE QLD.

Cheers
Troy
Welcome from Sunshine Coast.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada