DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another hello from SEPA.

Daycrawler

Reactions
Daycrawler here from Southeast PA. living the 19512. I have my TRUST license and fly an Air2 S. My constant reading and youtubing led me to pick the Air2 S. So far it has done everything I have asked of it. I mainly just want to take pictures and videos for fun. Since I like metal detecting the drone just might help me scout the woods for foundations, roofs, walls and flowers. Other than that, I am just having fun flying over the farm fields and woods behind my house for now.

I do have some questions, but I'll search the forum for answers first and see what I can find.

Welcome aboard. Glad you could make it.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Daycrawler here from Southeast PA. living the 19512. I have my TRUST license and fly an Air2 S. My constant reading and youtubing led me to pick the Air2 S. So far it has done everything I have asked of it. I mainly just want to take pictures and videos for fun. Since I like metal detecting the drone just might help me scout the woods for foundations, roofs, walls and flowers. Other than that, I am just having fun flying over the farm fields and woods behind my house for now.

I do have some questions, but I'll search the forum for answers first and see what I can find.
Welcome from Detroit.

Daycrawler is my friend and drone mentor. He got his drone and just had to show it to me. I should have resisted. Then I found this forum and had to get him here. There appears to be a lot of experience, knowledge and help here.

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

Ha! Metal detecting is also one of our hobbies, for many years. Mostly beach, but also would like to find old homesteads, foundations and other potential sites that cannot easily be seen from a road. I always seek permission (as I'm sure you do as well), before going on someone else's property. If a location looks interesting, it's pretty easy to find out who owns it thru county tax maps. But even better, is to know someone who offers you to metal detect their property, no strings attached other than as ALWAYS, I close any digs with the plugs, and it looks like it did before I ever showed up.

I use a mavic 2 zoom and the mini 3 pro for archaeological surveying. Once you get your eye in with spotting cropmarks and other visual clues that denote the remains of structures, you will be astonished as to the sheer volume of them in most rural places you fly. Good hunting.

Ha! Metal detecting is also one of our hobbies, for many years. Mostly beach, but also would like to find old homesteads, foundations and other potential sites that cannot easily be seen from a road. I always seek permission (as I'm sure you do as well), before going on someone else's property. If a location looks interesting, it's pretty easy to find out who owns it thru county tax maps. But even better, is to know someone who offers you to metal detect their property, no strings attached other than as ALWAYS, I close any digs with the plugs, and it looks like it did before I ever showed up.

Yes, I get permission. I also use tax maps as well. Google earth if you can find fall pictures. Another great source is your local library.

@Daycrawler if you are flying over say a meadow ,then crop marks are unusual patterns in the density and therefore the colour, of the ground beneath where you are flying
these can either be darker ,because of there being a previously excavated ditch or wall foundation ,or if the areas are lighter than the surroundings, that can show that there is something just below the surface ,which is impeding root growth affecting crop density

I have my TRUST license and fly an Air2 S.

Welcome from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, USA. We have a Member's Map in the Upper Right of the Title Bar. Click on "Members" and then Click on "Member's Map…" Check it out and you might find some new flying friends.

Below is the link to all of the downloads offered by DJI for the Mavic Air 2s, including the User Manual.

After you read the Manual, read it again, you will be surprised what you missed the first time and you will be better prepared for that first "scary moment…"

Happy Droning…

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters