DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another indication that a battery has gone to the wayside.

silverdragon

Reactions
20200604_064804.jpgIts time to toss this battery. Of course theres a total discharge Procedure. I will do that to 3 original batteries that came with the FlyMore Bundle.. To you new pilots that bought your first Drone/AC and have not YET discarded the batterie(s). To me it's a hard thing to do when the (batteries begin to swell). You will notice I will say Discard the battery properly because being a responsible Aircraft Pilot Battery Disposal is something we must do for several reasons and I will name a few in words... Explosion, fire, environment and of course keep a good respectable name for drone fliers . Image a improper discarded catching fire and burning down the what ever building, home, the compactor at a dump or it makes it into the recycling plant. Ok new Pilots and I know theres a lot of you out there and I thank you for being responsible....let's keep the Hobby alive.....

Last edited:
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Wow, that's a new one! To check for swelling, I set the face of the battery that goes into the aircraft and looking sideways for any unevenness.

View attachment 103584Its time to toss this battery. Of course theres a total discharge Procedure. I will do that to 3 original batteries that came with the FlyMore Bundle.. To you new pilots that bought your first Drone/AC and have not YET discarded the batterie(s). To me it's a hard thing to do when the (batteries begin to swell). You will notice I will say Discard the battery properly because being a responsible Aircraft Pilot Battery Disposal is something we must do for several reasons and I will name a few in words... Explosion, fire, environment and of course keep a good respectable name for drone fliers . Image a improper discarded catching fire and burning down the what ever building, home, the compactor at a dump or it makes it into the recycling plant. Ok new Pilots and I know theres a lot of you out there and I thank you for being responsible....let's keep the Hobby alive.....

Yes I can attest to this , one day I tossed a battery into a bin and it hit a nail , It fizzled something wicked with a long flame and than the smoke filled up the entire garage , it was weeks before the smell went away. Handle with Care cannot be stressed enough , i was lucky to be in the garage , or i would have had to call the fire department.

These batteries our no joke, another reason why I suggest you get the Wet Suits to cover those batteries from punctures and swelling and to protect the Power Button which is very susceptible to moisture which comprises the battery.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain.
Coal

Reactions: Davros007
View attachment 103584Its time to toss this battery. Of course theres a total discharge Procedure. I will do that to 3 original batteries that came with the FlyMore Bundle.. To you new pilots that bought your first Drone/AC and have not YET discarded the batterie(s). To me it's a hard thing to do when the (batteries begin to swell). You will notice I will say Discard the battery properly because being a responsible Aircraft Pilot Battery Disposal is something we must do for several reasons and I will name a few in words... Explosion, fire, environment and of course keep a good respectable name for drone fliers . Image a improper discarded catching fire and burning down the what ever building, home, the compactor at a dump or it makes it into the recycling plant. Ok new Pilots and I know theres a lot of you out there and I thank you for being responsible....let's keep the Hobby alive.....
I must say, my Mavic Pro battery has had similar cracks for ages. Like since I got it a year ago. It is not a swollen battery (on mine) and the cells inside are not reliant on the integrity of the plastic, other than to cover them, as they would be in any devices. They are not waterproof and the button has a gap around it anyway. The cells register fine. I did also get the plastic cracks that some Mavics got on the nose, and I replaced the top cover.
The cracks on mine are hairline and not ‘pushing out’ in the slightest though - yours look a bit more ‘open’ unless the light is playing tricks?

Yes I can attest to this , one day I tossed a battery into a bin and it hit a nail , It fizzled something wicked with a long flame and than the smoke filled up the entire garage , it was weeks before the smell went away. Handle with Care cannot be stressed enough , i was lucky to be in the garage , or i would have had to call the fire department.

These batteries our no joke, another reason why I suggest you get the Wet Suits to cover those batteries from punctures and swelling and to protect the Power Button which is very susceptible to moisture which comprises the battery.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain.
Coal
Yep - same! But an RC car battery I was closing into a small toolbox with other batteries! End may have got squashed? Anyway, next thing was like a mini smoke grenade in the back of the car! Took me awhile to even figure what it was in all the camping gear!

Yep - same! But an RC car battery I was closing into a small toolbox with other batteries! End may have got squashed? Anyway, next thing was like a mini smoke grenade in the back of the car! Took me awhile to even figure what it was in all the camping gear!

Good analogy , A smoke bomb that last like 20 minutes it was brutal and Non Stop. I still have the burn marks as a reminder to protect those batteries.

I must say, my Mavic Pro battery has had similar cracks for ages. Like since I got it a year ago. It is not a swollen battery (on mine) and the cells inside are not reliant on the integrity of the plastic, other than to cover them, as they would be in any devices. They are not waterproof and the button has a gap around it anyway. The cells register fine. I did also get the plastic cracks that some Mavics got on the nose, and I replaced the top cover.
The cracks on mine are hairline and not ‘pushing out’ in the slightest though - yours look a bit more ‘open’ unless the light is playing tricks?
Unfortunately my 3 batteries swelled and I put them aside for disposing and as I started to do a total discharge on all 3. I noticed the cracks on 2 of the 3. I can’t tell if it’s from age or the constant temp changes and the plastic cracks.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3