DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another mavic 2 pro gone off grid

Reactions
Has anyone received positive feedback from dji on this seemingly common problem with the mavic 2 pro? Mine ghosted 800 feet out, disconnected, failed to reconnect, failed to return home, and failed to log the flight. This took place on the 13th of June.

Attachments

• 94F0B1A0-4F74-458B-A829-5E170E7CE257.jpeg
    94F0B1A0-4F74-458B-A829-5E170E7CE257.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 158
  • CA035C93-1343-4ACE-9A30-3078BB10AE26.jpeg
    CA035C93-1343-4ACE-9A30-3078BB10AE26.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 159
Has anyone received positive feedback from dji on this seemingly common problem with the mavic 2 pro? Mine ghosted 800 feet out, disconnected, failed to reconnect, failed to return home, and failed to log the flight. This took place on the 13th of June.
It's not a common problem and it's hard to understand what your problem was.
If your drone didn't return from a flight on 13th June, why are there flight records after that date?

Edit* July
It's difficult (impossible) to solve the mystery without more information than the drone didn't RTH.
The drone is programmed to return on loss of signal (unless you changed the default setting (and almost no-one ever does).
The most common reasons for no return are obstacles on the RTH path or winds too strong for RTH.

Reactions: charliesRig
The flight lasted maybe two minutes headed down the street at around 50 feet. Made it to the intersection then broke contact with remote. Screen went black with last visual image. Battery was at 98%, not a breath of wind and 18 sats visible at the time of flight. Keep in mind I’ve flown this aircraft in almost every state from Tennessee back to California. Never had I experienced something like this. I’ve had this drone out to Alcatraz island from Crissy Field. A distance of over 3 miles near one of California’s most densely populated cities. In 30 mph winds. No problems. This was a quiet upscale neighborhood in Bartlett Tennessee when this occurred. It’s home point was set to my take off point on my map. (My driveway) I was headed to a local water tower that I had recently been to and photographed (see attached). I was using the street routes as to protect the privacy of the residents. I immediately tried to re establish connection. No go. I jumped in the car and raced to the last known position. It wasn’t there, nor could I hear it. I drove back to the house to see if it returned home. It never returned. The pics I originally uploaded were from the find my drone option. That was it’s last know position. Additionally, this drone was only a month old, sent to me from dji repair.

Attachments

• 48BFDAF8-6792-4F39-BB13-87CD099FFBC0.png
    48BFDAF8-6792-4F39-BB13-87CD099FFBC0.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 128
The flight lasted maybe two minutes headed down the street at around 50 feet. Made it to the intersection then broke contact with remote. Screen went black with last visual image. Battery was at 98%, not a breath of wind and 18 sats visible at the time of flight. Keep in mind I’ve flown this aircraft in almost every state from Tennessee back to California. Never had I experienced something like this. I’ve had this drone out to Alcatraz island from Crissy Field. A distance of over 3 miles near one of California’s most densely populated cities. In 30 mph winds. No problems. This was a quiet upscale neighborhood in Bartlett Tennessee when this occurred. It’s home point was set to my take off point on my map. (My driveway) I was headed to a local water tower
Sorry but the information required to make sense of the mystery is recorded flight data.

This is probably a dumb question but why would there be NO recorded flight? Wouldn't the flight from take off until the disconnect event at least be recorded on the mobile device? I'm not understanding why there would be completely nothing.

This is probably a dumb question but why would there be NO recorded flight? Wouldn't the flight from take off until the disconnect event at least be recorded on the mobile device? I'm not understanding why there would be completely nothing.
That's a mystery

That happened to me one night last month...perhaps my 4 or 5th flight. The entire flight and everything about it did not get recorded anywhere. It was weird. It hasn't happened again. I have no idea why either.

It's difficult (impossible) to solve the mystery without more information than the drone didn't RTH.
The drone is programmed to return on loss of signal (unless you changed the default setting (and almost no-one ever does).
The most common reasons for no return are obstacles on the RTH path or winds too strong for RTH.

I change mine to hover on every drone.

Fine if you fly in the backyard but doesn't make much sense for most flyers.
Where I fly, the only option I'd want is for my drone to come back if it ever lost signal.
If it just hovers out there, it's never coming back.

What a strange reply from such a smart person. You know that it returns if the battery gets low, right? I usually walk towards it until it picks up again, anyway. My trust levels in auto systems isn't the highest, I'm afraid. I'd rather keep it as a last resort.

• Wow
Reactions: Ex Coelis
What a strange reply from such a smart person. You know that it returns if the battery gets low, right? I usually walk towards it until it picks up again, anyway. My trust levels in auto systems isn't the highest, I'm afraid. I'd rather keep it as a last resort.
I think your choice is the strange one.
Why would you want your drone to just sit where it is and has no signal when it's programmed to come back where you have a much higher chance of regaining signal?
Failsafe RTH is extremely reliable .. you should test it sometime.

I can see your point @Meta4 in the yard. I usually use hover option when flying through the woods. Way bad time for it to shoot up and back to me. Otherwise the RTH works just fine for most things.

Which is
Sorry but the information required to make sense of the mystery is recorded flight data.
[/QUOT
Which is exactly what I do not have, and exactly what they want. I might as well be talking to a concrete wall at dji. For some reason a complete product failure does not compute ?

Which is exactly what I do not have, and exactly what they want. I might as well be talking to a concrete wall at dji. For some reason a complete product failure does not compute ?

Just to be clear - are you completely sure that there are no flight logs? There should be two - a DAT file and a txt file. There have been one or two reports of DAT files not recording, but I've never seen of an example of a flight with no logs at all.

Reactions: Thomas B
Just to be clear - are you completely sure that there are no flight logs? There should be two - a DAT file and a txt file. There have been one or two reports of DAT files not recording, but I've never seen of an example of a flight with no logs at all.
If you know how to extract that data I’m all ears. The last txt data was 6/30 on my records. And I’m at a complete impass as to y my system completely failed under such normal conditions

Reactions: Anthony Richardson
If you know how to extract that data I’m all ears. The last txt data was 6/30 on my records. And I’m at a complete impass as to y my system completely failed under such normal conditions

I asked a rather simple question and you didn't answer it, so I'm going to leave it at that. If you decide that you do want help then I'd be happy to revisit the question.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost