DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another modified MavMount for the CS Ultra

Ping^Spike

Reactions
I can take absolutely zero credit for this idea, full props to @Paul7of8 for coming up with it Thumbswayup

Modified my MavMount today to accept the DJI quick release bracket.

I bought the proper CS bracket for the mavmount but it was bit of a faff to set it all up. I tried the thumbscrews mod too, still wasn't ideal.

This quick-release arrangement now sees me setup in under sixty seconds and much like Paul, I don't have to keep adjusting the angle. Set it once, job done.

I'm probably past the point of no return here as rather than using cable ties (zip ties?) I've gone all out and mixed up some epoxy resin to keep the front end of the DJI bracket from swivelling about.

This also solves the problem of the lanyard clip damaging the USB-C plug on the bottom with the CS bracket. Oh, and the built in DJI cable in the bracket is the perfect length too.

Shout out to @Aerial West if you make a modified base plate to fit the Mavic remote and accept the DJI bracket mate you'll have a few sales here for sure :D

IMG_8520.JPG IMG_8519.JPG IMG_8518.JPG IMG_8521.JPG IMG_8522.JPG IMG_8523.JPG IMG_8524.JPG IMG_8525.JPG IMG_8526.JPG

Nicely done! I may have to do that too!

I don’t have the CS Ultra, but I have been seriously considering picking one up. Fantastic to see how it looks with this mount configuration.

Thanks for the many photos!

Reactions: Ping^Spike
I can take absolutely zero credit for this idea, full props to @Paul7of8 for coming up with it Thumbswayup

Modified my MavMount today to accept the DJI quick release bracket.

I bought the proper CS bracket for the mavmount but it was bit of a faff to set it all up. I tried the thumbscrews mod too, still wasn't ideal.

This quick-release arrangement now sees me setup in under sixty seconds and much like Paul, I don't have to keep adjusting the angle. Set it once, job done.

I'm probably past the point of no return here as rather than using cable ties (zip ties?) I've gone all out and mixed up some epoxy resin to keep the front end of the DJI bracket from swivelling about.

This also solves the problem of the lanyard clip damaging the USB-C plug on the bottom with the CS bracket. Oh, and the built in DJI cable in the bracket is the perfect length too.

Shout out to @Aerial West if you make a modified base plate to fit the Mavic remote and accept the DJI bracket mate you'll have a few sales here for sure :D

View attachment 23724 View attachment 23725 View attachment 23726 View attachment 23727 View attachment 23728 View attachment 23729 View attachment 23730 View attachment 23731 View attachment 23732

Can you post the thread size, pitch, & length of bolt that you used to screw the bracket onto the plate?

Can you post the thread size, pitch, & length of bolt that you used to screw the bracket onto the plate?

I'm afraid I can't, I have absolutely no idea of those dimensions but if it helps mate, it's the actual bolt that came out from underneath the mavmount ballhead, it's not something I bought or sourced :D Thumbswayup

What type of epoxy did you use?

We use only camera industry standard 1/4-20 bolts in the plate. Same that you'd have on a tripod or bottom of a camera. Same with the ballhead top. You can mount your camera on it to use as a tabletop photography mount. I use it for LED light panels too.

My DJI mount should be in tomorrow and I will mount it on my MavMount. Instead of epoxy I think I may drill and tap the mount so I can use the 1/4- 20 bolt that the MavMount comes to keep the front from swiveling like you say.

Reactions: HVYMTL
To be honest mate, I'm not sure the front of the DJI mount is wide enough to be drilled and tapped with a bolt that size.

Excellent idea though! You could even countersink it from the rear to make it sit flush.

But, you'll have to downsize... which won't be a problem, again the front of the DJI bracket doesn't take much weight, you just need to stop it moving around :)

However, the depth of the available metal on the DJI mount may be an issue, there's not much metal to drill in to due to the cut-out for the lanyard clip: https://mavicpilots.com/attachments/img_8518-jpg.23726/

i made something very similar but have found that the monitor is too close to the controller and access to the control sticks is not good, especially when the CS is tilted back
Going to redesign to get the monitor up and further away from the controller.

i made something very similar but have found that the monitor is too close to the controller and access to the control sticks is not good, especially when the CS is tilted back
Going to redesign to get the monitor up and further away from the controller.

+1 found this as well, with this mav mount hack, the CS when tilted back to the optimum position doesn't have enough clearance to the control sticks, the CS mount needs to be in front of mavic joysticks

You can get the screen further down the controller by reversing the neck on the DJI mount. The 2 screws are under the rubber foot.
I had a similar setup, I eventually found it cumbersome to travel with. The DJI mount for the mavic controller is my preference for portability and convenience.

Reversed the base. You can see the angle goes back now. It helps with clearing the sticks.
b5dcf3433c1fd51d051834c1643fd4dd.jpg

Can you take a picture with your CS in that mount and the mount on your controller? Would like to see that how you would actually use it.

I can attach the screen in 2 secs and be ready on that end. The controller powers up the screen when you turn it on also. Very easy.
I have not tried a larger screen with this setup.
9d8230a599e250be47e9792848513876.jpg

Last edited:
I can attach the screen in 2 secs and be ready on that end. The controller powers up the screen when you turn it on also. Very easy.
I have not tried a larger screen with this setup.
9d8230a599e250be47e9792848513876.jpg
Can you set the CS so that it rotates the screen 180 degrees by it self or starts up that way or do you have to go into a program and manually flip the screen every time you boot up?

Can you set the CS so that it rotates the screen 180 degrees by it self or starts up that way or do you have to go into a program and manually flip the screen every time you boot up?

The latest update now remember the screens last state. You have to toggle it from the settings button.
Before the last update it would not remember.
It’s definitely a work in progress but I am enjoying the ride.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3