DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another new Drone from DJI DJI Air 2S

Mr Mint

Reactions
Looks like another new DJI product on the horizon. The DJI Air 2S I guess this model is a step up from the Mavic Air 2. It appears that it is going to possibly have Ocusync 3 along with a better camera. Based on a recent photo it looks like it might have more avoidance sensors as well. The rumors are like wildfire. It will be interesting to see what more leaks come out in the very near future. Any further comments?

Yes , I can smell the Roses : New cruise Control, Better Low light and more Dynamic Lighting on the drone with Auto Record , but the Thorn is going to be 3.0 not working with the Smart Controller. UGH

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2 in the Rain and land on Water.
Good chance it will work with the V2 goggles which have ocusync 3.0 with the fpv drone... I think I see a trend in DJI's tech roadmap.

Also, we probably cant talk about this in here.... since DJi dropped the "Mavic" in this air 2.. lol

So do you really think that the new DJI Air 2 S would operate on the new Ocusync 3 system?. I wonder what the controller will look like. It would be a big loss if you can't use the Smart Controller. I was about to purchase the MA2 with smart controller in a combo package. Am I ever glad that I didn't make that purchase I am going to hold off for now and wait and see what this new drone is all about. I wonder when it will hit the market? Mr Mint
'

Reactions: sicksix
So do you really think that the new DJI Air 2 S would operate on the new Ocusync 3 system?. I wonder what the controller will look like. It would be a big loss if you can't use the Smart Controller. I was about to purchase the MA2 with smart controller in a combo package. Am I ever glad that I didn't make that purchase I am going to hold off for now and wait and see what this new drone is all about. I wonder when it will hit the market? Mr Mint
'
All speculation.

Something DJI seems to like more and more....

Good chance it will work with the V2 goggles which have ocusync 3.0 with the fpv drone... I think I see a trend in DJI's tech roadmap.

Also, we probably cant talk about this in here.... since DJi dropped the "Mavic" in this air 2.. lol
Oh

I would gladly give up the SC for the Googles to work with it, and maybe that means we keep all the xtra features.
I also think were looking at a new Price point of $1400 for the Air 2 and $2400 for the Mavic 3 Pro. ...

You brought up a great point. Thank you. V

Phantomrain.org

Oh

I would gladly give up the SC for the Googles to work with it, and maybe that means we keep all the xtra features.
I also think were looking at a new Price point of $1400 for the Air 2 and $2400 for the Mavic 3 Pro. ...

You brought up a great point. Thank you. V

Phantomrain.org
I own two pairs of v2 goggles, i think they will be doing what they did and releasing multiple sku's. I doubt the new air 2 will be over 800 dollars... but the goggles them selves are 560.

One of the issues is that you could be waiting a very long time as these are only the shadows of a drone were talking about. The Air 2 and the SC is still the Cats Meow for price / Quality and performance.

But once you fly with these new generation Googles it hard to go back.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2 in the Rain and Land on Water.

I own two pairs of v2 goggles, i think they will be doing what they did and releasing multiple sku's. I doubt the new air 2 will be over 800 dollars... but the goggles them selves are 560.

Considering the FPV is $1300.00 , I think closer to $1700 with the googles.
Its an easy buy for me because what ever drones work with those googles im getting it. ?

My original thinking was to simply get all the drones that work with the SC and now its the Googles,
I cannot wait.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2 in the Rain and Land on Water.

Reactions: RMS001
'
I also almost literally had my finger on the trigger to purchase the same combo package! I just joined this forum on Sunday, and made my final decision to buy on Monday. Just before I made the purchase I spotted the announcement. I will also wait to see what rolls in, I wonder how long that will be as I have already waited 2+ years to purchase something!

Reactions: 72evenant
I got my Mavic Air 2 a month ago. I sounded out several experts with the question, is a upgrade about to come out? I was told that DJI wouldn't be coming out with an upgrade, so I bought it. Rather frustrating, but the MA2 is still a great aircraft and I've been making amazing videos.
Welp we don't know when the new one's coming out and when it does your old one doesn't automatically get worse. You do have a window to sell at a relatively higher price before it comes out before everyone starts offloading theirs around release date.
There is a trend of DJI releasing updates a year or so after the original, so I definitely knew that a newer one was coming in several months when I bought mine, but that was a few months ago.

I just got my Mavic air 2 a coupla months ago, I was excited to have the latest technology and all that. Now it looks like the Mavic air 2 might turn into a mini 1. Dji sure has been busy the last 2 years.?
I mean it's still a much better drone than the Mini 2 overall. Like I said your Air 2 doesn't magically get worse just because a better one comes out.

Reactions: pelagic_one
Looks like another new DJI product on the horizon. The DJI Air 2S I guess this model is a step up from the Mavic Air 2. It appears that it is going to possibly have Ocusync 3 along with a better camera. Based on a recent photo it looks like it might have more avoidance sensors as well. The rumors are like wildfire. It will be interesting to see what more leaks come out in the very near future. Any further comments?
How much it's cost?

Reactions: Mr Mint
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest