DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another newbie and retired pilot from Australia

BenTaplane

Premium Pilot
Reactions
G'day! I'm just starting to enjoy being able to concentrate on the views of Planet Earth from above, with a Mavic 2 Pro. Before that, I concentrated more on making sure I stayed above the ground while I was flying various types of aircraft.

My biggest buzzes were flying for an airline in New Guinea, where we landed up the sides of 10,000' or so mountains. Before that, I used to round up cattle on Australian Outback cattle stations. Legal fun!

Oh yeah, I also had a commercial helicopter pilot licence but always ended up flying "da plane!" I also used to instruct ultralight pilots during my holidays.

But jeez, what a BUZZ it is to go somewhere and just unpack a drone and enjoy the scenery! I'm hoping to learn how to film surfers. (I'm still surfing, but definitely not improving with age haha!)

Last edited:
Hello from the Crossroads of America BenTaplane.

Nice to meet you Ben. ?

Hokey smokes, you've had quite the history with aviation. ?

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

G'day! I'm just starting to enjoy being able to concentrate on the views of Planet Earth from above, with a Mavic 2 Pro. Before that, I concentrated more on making sure I stayed above the ground while I was flying various types of aircraft.

My biggest buzzes were flying for an airline in New Guinea, where we landed up the sides of 10,000' or so mountains. Before that, I used to round up cattle on Australian Outback cattle stations. Legal fun!

Oh yeah, I also had a commercial helicopter pilot licence but always ended up flying "da plane!" I also used to instruct ultralight pilots during my holidays.

But jeez, what a BUZZ it is to go somewhere and just unpack a drone and enjoy the scenery! I'm hoping to learn how to film surfers. (I'm still surfing, but definitely not improving with age haha!)
Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Fly safe and have fun!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum from the beautiful mountains of Colorado! Retired air traffic controller here. Happy and safe flying!

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your participation and your view of the world.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent