DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another newbie- Ely

jowlymonster

Reactions
Hi all- so I finally have my first "proper" drone (I did own one of those 30 quid jobs with a 720p camera that only really works indoors and is terrible to fly a couple of years ago)
Annoyed the weather is now awful, so I only have one initial test flight under my belt. I'm in Ely, north of Cambridge and looking forward to a new angle to my photography.

Welcome to our Forum, from Hauptmann in Texas USA!

You'll find that flying your DJI quad is so easy. They practically fly themselves. This can lead to overconfidence. Read the manual, and be conservative at first. Practice using “Find My Drone”. Chances are you will crash and perhaps lose your bird. Don't wait until that happens to learn how to recover a lost drone. BTW, you might consider hacking the FCC mode, which will give you greater signal strength.

There are over 100,000 of us worldwide to help you grow as a pilot and photographer, as well as many UKers who can help you decipher CAA regs.

Glad to have you as a member!

Welcome, I am not far from you (and Manty) although there is quite a bit of military airborne activity in our area, there are some good places to fly as well.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143