DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another newbie from Australia

RossC

Reactions
Hi All

Hello from Gold Coast QLD Australia. Received a Mavic Air 2 (+ fly more combo) for my birthday and have been really enjoying the tips and expert advice from this forum.

Looking forward to becoming proficient with the drone and recording some truly delightful scenery from my part of the world.

Have spent about an hour doing familiarisation flights and look forward to interacting and receiving your thoughts and advice.

This is a remarkable forum – hope you can keep finding the time to help newbies like me.

Cheers

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Welcome to our forum, from Hauptmann in the friendly skies of Texas!

Th
e MA2 is a terrific machine with a great camera. Lots of cool stuff to shoot in West VA! Be glad you got the Fly More kit--you'll appreciate those extra batts.

Read the manual (link below), and be conservative at first. Practice using "Find My Drone" (DJI doesn't make it easy). Don't wait until you lose your MA2 before you try to learn under stress in less than ideal conditions. We have over 100,000 members worldwide to help you advance as a pilot and photographer. Ask for help when you need it. Share your work when you can.

Thanks for joining!
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic_Air_2/20200615/Mavic_Air_2_User_Manual_v1.2_en_.pdf

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forums - a lot of good info here. So, take a look around and hope you enjoy some of the fine photography and information posted by the members.

Hi All

Hello from Gold Coast QLD Australia. Received a Mavic Air 2 (+ fly more combo) for my birthday and have been really enjoying the tips and expert advice from this forum.

Looking forward to becoming proficient with the drone and recording some truly delightful scenery from my part of the world.

Have spent about an hour doing familiarisation flights and look forward to interacting and receiving your thoughts and advice.

This is a remarkable forum – hope you can keep finding the time to help newbies like me.

Cheers

Hi Mate,

Welcome aboard. I’m also on the Gold Coast and bought MA2 combo in June.

Maybe we can catch up sometime and sharpen up each other’s skills.

Cheers

Welcome to the forum! :)

Hi All

Cheers
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your new Mavic Air 2, I absolutely love mine! Fly safe and have fun!

Hi All

It’s been some months since I introduced myself, but just wanted to post a quick update.

I enrolled for and obtained my RePL and the training and testing was delivered by professionals – for me it was worth the investment. Just a few observations (we flew Phantom 4s for training):
  • Two hours flying in ATTI mode, hovering in cross wind, flying patterns both on-axis and off-axis makes the brain hurt, but great experience nonetheless,
  • Emergency descents from 400’ using forwards/sideways/backwards motion to avoid VRS was enlightening. We witnessed a few “death wobbles” during demonstrated fast vertical descents, these can easily become terminal with sub-optimal/damaged props
  • Exploring all the features of current drone technology under supervision inspired self-confidence
  • Flying a M600 for a short time was a buzz.
I’ve had one near miss since the training – I was “messing around” in Sport Mode (had only tried it twice) and was heading at full speed toward some trees and initiated a right turn to complete a 180 (away from the trees). Being used to Normal mode where a 180 in full forward flight takes around 2 seconds, Sports Mode does it in roughly half the time, so while keeping one eye on the trees, I didn’t realise that I’d completed a 360 and subsequently turned left (thinking the MA2 was facing me) only to find it heading into the trees (with no collision avoidance). I let go of the sticks at 1 metre from the tree, backed away and breathed about 5 mins later. Anyway, a good lesson.

Love the MA2.

Hope everyone had a great Xmas and wish everyone a very Happy and Safe New Year.

Hi All

It’s been some months since I introduced myself, but just wanted to post a quick update.

I missed you the first time around.

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland RossC.

That's cool attending a class and flying in different conditions.

I let go of the sticks at 1 metre from the tree, backed away and breathed about 5 mins later. Anyway, a good lesson.

That's what I like about DJI drones. Just let go, pause and breath.

The little guy should be waiting for you if all is well.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143