DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another one from Antalya

MavicAisen

Reactions
First edit in FCP X - Not my best video, but im putting it here anyways.

Thanks for critics

Nice flying. Couple of things...
Try to keep your videos to two minutes or under. Adjust your opening title to fit the screen. Keep your transitions to one style of effect. Some lower passes over the cliffs would be great.

Nice flying. Couple of things...
Try to keep your videos to two minutes or under. Adjust your opening title to fit the screen. Keep your transitions to one style of effect. Some lower passes over the cliffs would be great.
Thanks for your critics.
Why keep the videos under 2 minutes and why only 1 kind of transitions? I will definently try some low passes.... now it's winter, but in the summertime I will do it again! :)

First edit in FCP X - Not my best video, but im putting it here anyways.

Thanks for critics

Hi David:

At the risk of critiquing twice in one day, I am seriously not trying to pile on, but here is what I noted. First of all, Antalya is certainly beautiful. I was there in 2005 and we had a wonderful meal at a seaside /beach location. Can't recall the name.

In regards to the video- it is a great site to fly. The opening twirling title was out of the frame.It can be easily reduced in the effects panel to fit within the frame. The same subject (the bluff or cliff where you were standing) was repeated over and over. Numerous quick yaw adjustments are not cinematic. To keep the same subject (the bluff or cliffside) in view, you can fly sideways (right stick) and keep the POI (point of interest) on yourself (see you standing down there!). Check out POI in the intelligent flight modes. Just encircle yourself by drawing a square around the subject.

Keeping the video less than 3 minutes will ensure that everyone watches the entire film. I have proved in this forum, time and time again, that almost nobody watches more than 50% of the films, and less than 30% will actually finish the film. I can prove this with my Vimeo statistics.

Reactions: MavicAisen
Hi David:

At the risk of critiquing twice in one day, I am seriously not trying to pile on, but here is what I noted. First of all, Antalya is certainly beautiful. I was there in 2005 and we had a wonderful meal at a seaside /beach location. Can't recall the name.

In regards to the video- it is a great site to fly. The opening twirling title was out of the frame.It can be easily reduced in the effects panel to fit within the frame. The same subject (the bluff or cliff where you were standing) was repeated over and over. Numerous quick yaw adjustments are not cinematic. To keep the same subject (the bluff or cliffside) in view, you can fly sideways (right stick) and keep the POI (point of interest) on yourself (see you standing down there!). Check out POI in the intelligent flight modes. Just encircle yourself by drawing a square around the subject.

Keeping the video less than 3 minutes will ensure that everyone watches the entire film. I have proved in this forum, time and time again, that almost nobody watches more than 50% of the films, and less than 30% will actually finish the film. I can prove this with my Vimeo statistics.
Thanks again. I actually found out that this was minor good footage from this summer. I do have some better footage from same location.
it’s recorded with Dronelink. Automatic. So I didn’t actually touched the sticks while it was flying.

thanks again

Thanks for your critics.
Why keep the videos under 2 minutes and why only 1 kind of transitions? I will definently try some low passes.... now it's winter, but in the summertime I will do it again! :)
It’s been said on many occasions in this forum that the majority of people who watch a members video will usually only watch up circa 2 to 2.5 minutes of vision. Unless your Niklas Christl lol. He’s the best there is in my opinion. Check this out...

There are no hard & fast rules regarding transitions, but too many different types in the one video tend to distract the viewer in my opinion.

Reactions: MavicAisen
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest